VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Installing JDK - Installed as described in old threads, but java is not working  (Read 1495 times)

lilgamesh

I recently installed VL7.0 Standard. I have chosen VL as it good development packages out of the box and is light. Only thing I am missing is  Java development. I searched the forum and did as explained in some old thread

Downloaded jdk-7u45-linux-i586.tar.gz

Removed the jre

Code: [Select]
removepkg jre
rm -f /usr/lib/java

extracted Downloaded file in /usr/lib

created a simlink
Code: [Select]
ln -s /usr/lib/jdk1.7.0_45 /usr/lib/java

Added the path /user/lib/java/bin to .bashrc

Now I can run javac. but java is not running in the browser (firefox).

Please help me to fix this.

I am ok with open jdk too.

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle

Start an xterminal (probably "Terminal" for xfce). See if starting firefox from there makes a difference.
Robert
VL Light RC 2

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --

Download this http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.0/x86/jdk-7u45-i586-1vl70.txz
open terminal as root and remove jre, delete the jdk folders that you manually install
install the jdk package as root via the command installpkg jdk-7u45-i586-1vl7.txz
restart your system

PS: If you want to use the jdk's version of jre, run below command as root

32bit: ln -sf /usr/lib/java/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
64bit: ln -sf /usr/lib64/java/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:25:21 pm by hata_ph »

lilgamesh

Download this http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.0/x86/jdk-7u45-i586-1vl70.txz
open terminal as root and remove jre, delete the jdk folders that you manually install
install the jdk package as root via the command installpkg jdk-7u45-i586-1vl7.txz
restart your system

PS: If you want to use the jdk's version of jre, run below command as root

32bit: ln -sf /usr/lib/java/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so
64bit: ln -sf /usr/lib64/java/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libnpjp2.so

Thanks a lot.
I will install the package.

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --

Pls let us know how the package go...