VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 03:14:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: kde4-meta 4.11.1 missing dep  (Read 3850 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: November 27, 2013, 07:27:52 pm »

depends: kdepim >=4.11.1

This is in the "stable" repo.
hata_ph
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »

7.0 or 7.1?

Ok. kde-4.11.1 packages should be available at the testing repo...enable it and all should ok
I notice the 7.1 repo is setup to auto copy packages from the untested repo to the official repo but may have miss out some...I do think is time to start maintaining the 7.1 repo before it go out of hand... Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:42:35 pm by hata_ph » Logged
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »

This is for 7.0 and 7.1 both. They both complain of missing dep'. When selecting to "Mark All Upgrades" in 7.0 it mentions a dep missing. Trying to install the kde4-meta package from repo on a fresh installation of 7.1 complains of missing dep.

P.S.
     I do not want to enable testing part of repo at this time. I am trying to get all the bugs out of the stable , and this is not mentioning all the rest of the shit I've pointed out has still not been fixed. If that one single package can't be moved to stable, then consider the stable broken until fixed.

I spend a LOT of extra time testing and as far as I can tell I am the only one reporting results. I don't have to do this at all, to be frank. I am growing weary of trying to do things "every one else's" way while trying to maintain for my own way of computing.  why don't all of you try that !? Let me know the results are after one month.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:46:31 pm by Masta » Logged
hata_ph
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »

There is not much feedback on kde-4.11.1, that why it had not move to extra/stable repo...
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:13:41 pm »

it is in extra, as I said in the first post "This is in the "stable" repo.".
I'm giving feedback here .... it's missing the dep in the repo.
 I can't give any further feedback until the missing dep is solved. Then I can install it and see if I find any show stopping issues.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:38:32 am »

The dep is not missing.  The problem is that packages in the stable areas of the 7.1 repo are not all there. 
I only have untested enabled on my 7.1 installs.  I just installed kde4-meta on top of xfce4 and it installed everything.  I'm now writing this reply from within the kde4 desktop.

The problem is that the packages for 7.1 have not yet been moved to the 7.1 stable areas, because of the heavy development.  I suspect that wont happen until 7.1 goes public.  In the mean time, disable the stable areas and just leave untested enabled.  I know untested sounds dangerous, but I find it pretty stable because that's where all the development is happening and the base is pretty solid at this point.

Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »

yes, and lots of stuff is missing.

Anyhow I did add the testing repo enough to get this installed. KLDE4 seems to work fine, except there is no maine volume control from the tray icon. I can run the kde mixer app from menu. using alsamixer I can work the main volume. This might be due to some leftover files in the /home dir, I don't know.  Sound works otherwise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: