VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 06:03:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ SOLVED ] Problem with Stellarium.  (Read 425 times)
Locator
Vectorian

« on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:17 pm »

I installed Stellarium on my computer, but when I try to run it, it my computer gets rebooted. My operating system is Vector  Linux7.0 (32-bit). Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:31:16 pm by Locator » Logged
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »

Locator your experiences are outstanding to be sure,good luck with that.

edit: your last post regarding sweet home had a similar issue and it is unclear what mods you have made to your system that may have caused the issue. when playing with applications it is good to insure your system is back to normal from one prior to the next. this will also insure that others willing to help know your system is stable and can better trouble shoot the issue.  Although it may not be the case that the two are related there is no way for me to know as you tend to leave each issue hanging unresolved. if you have lost interest in sweethome that is fine but consider if what you did has any bearing on this new desire to try stellarium. I have version 0.11.1 installed to 7.0 light and it worked fine to what extent I have used it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:23:17 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Locator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:20:14 pm »

Sorry for the trouble I caused earlier, but i FINALLY got Stellarium working correctly again (I ended up having to completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall my operating system from "ground zero" if you will).
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »

Sometimes a reinstall is required and seems to have worked in this case, bit of effort but worth it I hope

Thanks for marking solved

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: