VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 02:37:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi There!  (Read 2197 times)
ideen

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 04:54:38 am »

I hopefully am not the only Linux user as far as I've considered inside Iran but I think am the only Vector Linux user of this country seems like I've been the fastest to switch in OS's, Or may be the others are just hiding themselves or using other distros.

I really liked this distro, totally working with linux is great, unfortunately I just don't know how to work well. I'm sure I'll catch something someday But not yet cause I've using Mac for 7 years but unfortunately I've lost my notebook (Macbook) and I'm missing it a lot, But in this 7 years I never gone through Terminal in mac except some copy & pastes of some commands like Hidden Show or what... So UNFORTUNATELY I'm a bit down about what I could be in linux distros. After all This is what I am, and about my country I can tell you is not as huge as U.S. or russia or china but it is the 17th biggest country of earth and as they said travelling here is like free for you, I mean not as free as FREE is but cheap. Unfortunately renting is a bit more than what you expected, for what you want inside Tehran, the capital, is in good places about 50$ per day with breakfast and some more like what you've said but you can find some other cheaper places in downtown even for 20$ per day... Other cities are even cheaper sometimes. About our culture we grew up culturally especially in Tehran, I think so, but the problem of ISLAMIC republic still with us specially for women and girls to do mandatory Islamic dress like scarf on their heads or whatever which is sometimes specially in warm humidity climates we have over some parts of the country is annoying for them, more painful than that is drinking and smoking which is totally banned outside of the houses and there's no Bars nor Clubs here, but in fact we got some inside House parties which everything is O.K. to do there. each weekend we friends come together in ones house to make that party till the morning light sometimes and if there is a guest we will getting to know each others and will be appreciate them to come to our party for the first time and invite them to come to visit us some other times as well.
Hopefully we're living life here normally and if any of you there want to come along here for visit, stay or tripping around the country Each of Iranians would be glad to be their guest to stay in their houses for long trips till you find the place for yourself, let alone me, who I can call you as my new colleagues...

About business in Iran and job opportunities I can state that everywhere is not the same if you find someone who is a Master you'll have the choice to be in a job or what, if not you can have a little chance to do so, but you can have some cheap jobs for your cheap degree. (Educational) Here we do care to educations in jobs of course... where I dropped out of university and now unfortunately I don't got a good job. But for business men here is a ideal place to work on... Shhh! don't tell this to no one else. Wink I'm trying to somehow open up an small office, I might need your help for future terms.

Hey... "overthere" unfortunately I still got problems with my HDD, It seems like it's totally Bad sectored. I'm trying to link a USB HDD to this old laptop I got but It's not working and Im going to ask about it in other section so I'll be helped thank you good users.

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 01:28:37 pm »

Hey... "overthere" unfortunately I still got problems with my HDD, It seems like it's totally Bad sectored. I'm trying to link a USB HDD to this old laptop I got but It's not working and Im going to ask about it in other section so I'll be helped thank you good users.

Ideen, do you have Lions clubs in Tehran?  If so, and if you provided the specs (IDE or SATA, desktop or laptop), our Reno Cigar Lions club could ship a couple of hard drives to that Lions club.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »

If you attempted to install VL7.0 standard and got a warning that your hd had many bad sectors and may fail but had previously installed OpenSuse and Fedora with only issue they were to slow or not all functioned try download of VL7.0 light iso and install full with lxde.

My old dell inspiron 1200 has bad sectors and installing VL7.0 std gave warning that the disk was about to fail and needed replacement, however installed light and have had it running non stop for months with no issue at all so far and no warnings.

perhaps not your situation and your hd is to far gone but worth note.

Everything Is Relative
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 05:59:55 am »

pls do tell us more about  3G 4G internet usages in iran, is it popular yet or still too expensive for most PC users  and mobile phone users?

how about 3G modem with router or laptop in iran? still expensive.?

is  it possible to get 3G modem and router cheaply from iran neoghbouring countries in central asia??such as pakistan, turkey. etc....
ideen

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 12:01:00 am »

I do know exactly nothing about Lions Club...  Huh
And Also yours imeant mine is not what you thought about the device, but hopefully I've changed it. Grin
And about the other friend I just have to say nothing about it inside Iran, if you meant for job or the other sides of living in iran these are actually by government or somehow by very big companies if you have you can be one of them... Cool Smiley
But about Lions Club I wanna know a bit more if it would be possible for you to explain it a bit. Tongue
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:42 am »

Ideen,

The international Lions Club Website (http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/about-lions/) gives some information about the Lions clubs.  Basically they are service clubs organized to deal with problems facing their community, such as homelessness, dirty streets, wayward kids, whatever.  Our particular Lions clubs gives out refurbished computers to kids in Reno Nevada who don't have computers in their home.  The school district provides us with the names of kids.  We give them a 2 hour lesson on how to use linux.  Poor kids!  Lions are the largest service organization in the world, so I was surprised not to see a club in Iran.  You and I could probably change that if we put our mind to it.  Its not hard to start a Lions club.

ideen

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 10:33:04 am »

Hey... I didn't know that. But How can we start one of them here?! does it need any personal budget?! sorry to ask about it here! I haven't gone to the site you mentioned and I just want my answer here... Sorry for that... But it sounds like it's useful for us!
Sounds like charity things or what...
thank you anyway! Cool
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:50 am »

Ideen,

I am off to Boulder City (below Las Vegas) in an hour.  Happens to be for a Lions club district meeting, so I will ask around and see what I come up with.  I suspect its just a matter of getting our club (Reno Cigar Lions) to sponsor your club with international lions and for you to gather up 20 or so public spirited Iranians into a club.  I don't know what dues would be.   However, my senior assistant has a good Iranian friend and he might run interference.  If I learn more, I will report (email you) next week when I return.

John
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:06:51 am by sledgehammer » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: