VectorLinux
October 02, 2014, 04:22:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi There!  (Read 2630 times)
ideen

« on: January 22, 2014, 02:26:44 am »

Hi! It's me, Ideen. it pronounces as "eye-deen". I'm a new user of totally Linux and of course new to Vector Linux.
I've tried OpenSuse, Fedora And this I mean VL. I'm in the testing part I mean I'm using Live version still, but as it seems I'm going to have an installed version on my laptop as soon as I can fix my problem with my HDD.

I've already read some articles here in the forum and it was useful, so I decided to introduce myself and THANK YOU at least for what you're doing here.

P.S. I'm from Iran, a middle eastern country if ya didn't recognize.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:23:38 am »

Welcome ideen, happy to have you here.

Iran has faded somewhat from western memory in the last few years, but I can still find it on a map. Smiley
ideen

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 03:50:10 am »

Thank god still we got maps.  Wink
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:45:37 am »

welllcom users from iran indeed!
ancient Iranian civilization made great contributions to the world.
iran 's unique travel detination for adventure seekers..

Do bring more iranian come to vector linux!
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:52:30 am »

Also expect Iran could grant more Evisa online to vector linux users worldwide, when vectorlinux users intend to explore iran for one month or two.
At least Iran  should offer vector linux users some privilege for get iran evisa online!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »

Hi Ideen,

Welcome to VectorLinux, glad to have you here!

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:55 pm »

Hi Ideen,

VL has users from all over the world but I don't recall seeing much for Iran.  Its good to have you onboard.  I think you will like linux and if so that you will help spread it throughout Iran.  Most Iranians are no doubt smart enough to know that avoiding Microsoft is the first step towards a computer literate society.  Too bad I can't say that about my fellow citizens here in the US.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:47 am »

Hi..hope you get your drive issue solved  Smiley

Everything Is Relative
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 04:41:14 am »

pls do help vector users when they  travel around iran in 2014.do help vector linux users worldwide coming to iran to get cheap affordable accomodations in iran, as most Vector users and developpers are unemployed or on lower paid jobs in the west, western countries 'economy 're awful poor now, very few jobs there, even for IT experts  with Ph.d degree, that's the real realities in the world...

of course , many westerner kept denying it for the sake of saving their poor faces!
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:19 am »

Do hope more vector users can go iran for couch surfing via vector linux community and forum!

if any vector users in iran can offer room with breakfast or self catering at 5 us $ per day, surely many vector users would come.

air arabia now offers best deals for travel between europe and iran at less than 200euro  one way.

details about visa on arrival at airport:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2310511

if There's any vector users worling iranian foreign ministry , that'llbe more helpful !
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 04:53:20 am »

pls post more photos about your town in iran,tell us more about iranian town life and  vector linux users in iran!

do share more about iranian life unpsoiled by the west!
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

down jar jar down
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:27:16 pm by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:23 pm »

welcome Smiley
wigums
Packager
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:26 am »

haha overthere

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:03 am »

Iranian president declares country “open for business”

Iran’s president travelled to the World Economic Forum in order to woo the world financial elite and reiterate the Islamic Republic’s eagerness to reach an accommodation with Washington.

http://www.thebellforum.com/showthread.php?t=110494
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: