VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 12:58:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Numlockx XLDE VL7.0 Lite  (Read 4767 times)
ddval

That's my story and I'm stuck with it.

« on: January 29, 2014, 02:53:06 pm »

"numlockx" is installed, and I've added "numlockx on" to the following files with no success. 

/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.lxde

Also I've added  "usr/bin/numlockx on" to the same two files with no success.

I've searched LXDE.COM with no success.  I also searched this forum with no success.  And google!

I would appreciate guidance on how to start "numlockx" such that numlockx activated upon start up of LXDE.

Cheers
Linux User 561425
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:23 pm »

Researching the full story is on my longish TODO list. So I don't have full details.

But take a look at /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart. If it can be handled there, it should also be doable in ~/.config somewhere on a per-user basis.

Or you could try dropping a numlockx.desktop file into /etc/xdg/autostart (which reminded me that the per-user place might be ~/.config/autostart).

Wish I had better info ready to go.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
ddval

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:05:27 am »

Researching the full story is on my longish TODO list. So I don't have full details.

But take a look at /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart. If it can be handled there, it should also be doable in ~/.config somewhere on a per-user basis.

Or you could try dropping a numlockx.desktop file into /etc/xdg/autostart (which reminded me that the per-user place might be ~/.config/autostart).

Thank you Roarde - I'll try all of this and post back.

Cheers
Linux User 561425
ddval

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »

I added @numlockx  (Without the "on" it doesn't make a difference if the "on" is there or not.) to /etc/xdg/xsession/LXDE/autostart with success.  However, Vl7 lite is installed on a lesser capable machine (Dell Dimension L566cx), and for some reason the same action doesn't work.  I'll keep working on this and post back.  Thanks again.

Addendum -->  Nothing seems to work on the Dell.   Interestingly!  When the blue boot splash comes up (Shortly after) numlockx activates.  But soon after it then deactivates.  BIOS shows "numlock on" Im guessing thats where the early activation comes from.  I suppose I'll just need to remember to manually set the numlock key.   So be it!  Thx for te input.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:37:10 am by ddval » Logged

Cheers
Linux User 561425
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: