VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Vector Linux, Let Me Count The Ways I Love Thee!  (Read 924 times)

tux_addict

Vector Linux, Let Me Count The Ways I Love Thee!
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:27:24 am »

For years I have switched between all kinds of distros. Slackware though has been my main workhorse. But starting with Slackware 13.0 and KDE4 I have found Slackware to be increasingly slow, complicated, and (dare I say it?) unstable!
In 2012, I switched to Vector Linux 7.0 Standard Edition more as a temporary measure as I was using some pretty old hardware at the time. And lo and behold, nearly two years later I am still running Vector Linux. I believe this to be the best Linux distro I have ever used! And that's saying a lot given how many distros I have used - from Mepis to Freespire, Red Hat, Yoper Linux, Peanut Linux, Debian, Knoppix, Kanotix, Suse, Opensuse, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mandrake, Mandriva, Mageia, the list goes on and on and on... But I have yet to encounter anything so stable, fast and unobtrusive, and it's pretty too! There was also a time when I couldn't imagine running anything but KDE as my desktop environment; now I am completely at home with XFCE thanks to Vector Linux.
Thanks Vector Linux team. I don't need Vector Linux 7.1 to be better than 7.0; I need it to be just as good! That's all I ask for!

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: Vector Linux, Let Me Count The Ways I Love Thee!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 03:24:38 am »

Welcome :)

nitehawk

• Vectorite
  • Just me.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »

For years I have switched between all kinds of distros. Slackware though has been my main workhorse. But starting with Slackware 13.0 and KDE4 I have found Slackware to be increasingly slow, complicated, and (dare I say it?) unstable!-------

I believe this to be the best Linux distro I have ever used! -----

I don't need Vector Linux 7.1 to be better than 7.0; I need it to be just as good! That's all I ask for!

You know,....I feel exactly like you do in your statements here.   I used Slackware for a long time too.  And decided I didn't need all those KDE apps.  And on top of that,...I always used the codecs from Vector on Slackware.  So I just decided that "why bother"?  Just use Vector (duh).  It's more stabe and just works OOTB.   

And welcome to the forum!!!

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

Well said guys, I agree. Great distro
Everything Is Relative