VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 04:11:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector Linux, Let Me Count The Ways I Love Thee!  (Read 601 times)
tux_addict

« on: February 13, 2014, 02:27:24 am »

For years I have switched between all kinds of distros. Slackware though has been my main workhorse. But starting with Slackware 13.0 and KDE4 I have found Slackware to be increasingly slow, complicated, and (dare I say it?) unstable!
In 2012, I switched to Vector Linux 7.0 Standard Edition more as a temporary measure as I was using some pretty old hardware at the time. And lo and behold, nearly two years later I am still running Vector Linux. I believe this to be the best Linux distro I have ever used! And that's saying a lot given how many distros I have used - from Mepis to Freespire, Red Hat, Yoper Linux, Peanut Linux, Debian, Knoppix, Kanotix, Suse, Opensuse, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mandrake, Mandriva, Mageia, the list goes on and on and on... But I have yet to encounter anything so stable, fast and unobtrusive, and it's pretty too! There was also a time when I couldn't imagine running anything but KDE as my desktop environment; now I am completely at home with XFCE thanks to Vector Linux.
Thanks Vector Linux team. I don't need Vector Linux 7.1 to be better than 7.0; I need it to be just as good! That's all I ask for!
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 03:24:38 am »

Welcome Smiley
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »

For years I have switched between all kinds of distros. Slackware though has been my main workhorse. But starting with Slackware 13.0 and KDE4 I have found Slackware to be increasingly slow, complicated, and (dare I say it?) unstable!-------

I believe this to be the best Linux distro I have ever used! -----

I don't need Vector Linux 7.1 to be better than 7.0; I need it to be just as good! That's all I ask for!

You know,....I feel exactly like you do in your statements here.   I used Slackware for a long time too.  And decided I didn't need all those KDE apps.  And on top of that,...I always used the codecs from Vector on Slackware.  So I just decided that "why bother"?  Just use Vector (duh).  It's more stabe and just works OOTB.   

And welcome to the forum!!!
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

Well said guys, I agree. Great distro

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: