VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 06:22:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: install open office on vl 7.0 light  (Read 610 times)
almaquicu

« on: February 19, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

what should I do? to install apache on my open office vector linux light 7.0?

thanks
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:42:59 am »

Do you already have OpenOffice.org installed?  And wish to install the java runtime environment?  If so, then use Gslapt to install jre version 7u45-i586-1vl70. 

If you don't have OpenOffice.org installed, then there is a light version available on Gslapt.  But this is old, so I would recommend installing it directly from the openoffice.org website.  I wrote some instructions here, if you're interested.  I wrote it for getting specific localized versions, but it might be simplest to just get the basic version from the openoffice.org site.  Get it without jre, and then use Gslapt to get jre.  The current OpenOffice.org is 4.0.1, I think.

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
almaquicu

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

Thanks I try it
Pitmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:20 am »

I have downloaded the rpm files at openoffice.org and used rpm2tgz *.rpm and used pkgtool to install.
Ready, and menu installed with the mandriva option.

Nico
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: