VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 10:37:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help to login in VL soho 7  (Read 2800 times)
Cabrera

Adrian Cabrera

« on: March 05, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »

vl soho install 7 on my hard drive all well the problem was when alquerer log in the system tells me that my user name and password is incorrect I can do I have scored good user passwords and I hope I can help
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »

Sounds like something went wrong during installation. Try logging in with username root and no password (just press enter). Let us know what you see.
Cabrera

Adrian Cabrera

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:20 pm »

I enter as root and just gives me the information of the system as the only application manager that can do nothing but good also entered the folder with my user THROUGH another linux distribution thanks hope you can help
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:40:26 am »

I'm sorry but you lost me there. Can you log in to your Vector Linux system as root?
Cabrera

Adrian Cabrera

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »

I could finally enter the system by actually log in as root because it will be you could not get in with the user created in the good installation thank you very much I really like this OS is more Thin and faster than other distributions previously use many thank you very much greetings from Mexico , Veracruz, Cosoleacaque
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 03:47:27 am »

Glad you got it working. It happens that user creation fails during install. Once you log in as root you can create new users and passwords. Enjoy your new system.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: