VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 08:15:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: this just has to be said  (Read 478 times)
wigums
Packager
Packager

« on: March 12, 2014, 04:27:23 pm »

never before have i met a GROUP of freindlier, kinder, more knowledgable individuals who are so willing to help others learn and in turn give back to the project. the real strength of vector linux is in the people who are involved in it and i think that will pay huge dividends to the project in the long run.

i make alot of jokes and such on irc but the reality is i love this place and the people. im giving everyone a raise in pay, effective immediately

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:30:15 pm »

Wheee! I'm super-sizing this weekend.   Grin
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:51 pm »

It is the foremost reason why I use Vector (10yrs now).  That it's a great distro is just icing on the cake.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:41 am »

I agree, that is why I stick with Vector too, I feel a sense of ownership now.
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:01:53 pm »

wigums,

My sentiments exactly.  I can't remember when I started using Vector, but I remember 5.8 well.  I started out as a complete idiot in matters of slackware.  I am now a proud incomplete slackware idiot.  The purists among the slackware group occasionally complain that we Vector types are somehow lesser folks for some of us don't really know much about slackware.  But staying on this forum for years inevitably gives some insight into that wonderful, reliable operating system.  Its got to be good for slackware.  And equally good for us and those who move from Vector to more basic (probably not the right word) slackware programs and procedures.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
benali

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:34:33 am »

I agree 100%. I use Vector off and on, and am not a hardcore user, so my questions are sometimes new-bie questions. But no one here has ever made me feel dumb for asking them. What a nice helpful group of people here. A good product, a great community!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: