VectorLinux
September 19, 2014, 01:32:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is VL64 still actively developed, where to file bug reports for V64 7.1RC2 ?  (Read 244 times)
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« on: September 13, 2014, 05:16:32 am »

Hi guys and gals, long time no see!

I've recently acquired a 'new' used laptop from work, and since it's a nice 64 bit machine I figured I'd give our 64 bit release a try. I intend to use this machine intensively and get the most out of it's processor, so I would prefer using a 64 bit OS.

I downloaded and installed VL64-7.1 RC2 with some issues, and it's running fine now. I have found some things that one might report as a bug, however I can't seem to find an announcement thread pointing to a place where we can file bug reports.

It seems like VL64 is pretty much dead, or am I mistaking here? If VL64 is no longer actively developed that's fine, just wondering if I should still use it or if I should switch to vanilla Slackware64 for this machine.

Have a nice weekend y'all!

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
retired1af
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 06:42:51 am »

Bugs can be reported here: https://bitbucket.org/VLCore/vabs/issues?status=new&status=open

Yesterday, we were talking about the possibility of releasing 7.1 (both versions) within the next week.

ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz
wigums
Packager
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:30 am »

yes, it is very much being developed and maintained

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:17:28 am »

yes, it is very much being developed and maintained
Alright! Reason I asked is that the install went rather... uneasy so I felt like there were some issues in the installer that might need to be addressed. However, I installed a new hard-disk (I got me one of them SSD's, I can recommend it to everyone who is thinking about spending an extra few bucks to increase performance) and this time around installation went without a hitch. Guess the problem was a gremlin living in the old drive  Grin (it was flaky and needed to be replaced anyhow). Also, the RC1 and RC2 where about a month apart and then nothing for a while, so that got me doubting if it was still getting attention.

I'll bookmark that one, thanks.

roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:39:27 pm »

There were indeed installer problems in RC2. Latest candidate is RC2.2.6. You can wait for RC3 or final release (one or the other drops soon), or take a look at what's-the-latest in http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.1/iso/

Bug reports: https://bitbucket.org/VLCore/vl71/issues
The "vabs" tree has been integrated into each release, release being "vl71" here.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:14:33 pm by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:14:53 pm »

pls. try   VL64-7.1-STD-RC2.2.6.iso,

that's very stable now.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 04:31:26 am »

I would like to add that there is little arch specific in our development process now, and 32 and 64 bits should be synced and pretty much the same.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:41 am »

There were indeed installer problems in RC2. Latest candidate is RC2.2.6. You can wait for RC3 or final release (one or the other drops soon), or take a look at what's-the-latest in http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.1/iso/

Ah, that explains why I get some unmet dependencies on certain packages. I guess I'll just try this version until RC3 or Final is released.

I would like to add that there is little arch specific in our development process now, and 32 and 64 bits should be synced and pretty much the same.
That's good to hear.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: