VectorLinux
September 15, 2014, 08:32:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 313 times)
CrazyDog

« on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:39 pm »

I really like Vector, and use it regularly, but I just cringe when it is always recommended for "older hardware".  My laptop is fairly new, 64 bit, and runs lightning fast with Vector.  I just feel like it should be marketed to all users and not stay in the "older hardware" niche. It can be suitable for a beginner and probably used as a server as well.   Just an opinion from a user. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:54:45 pm by CrazyDog » Logged
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

If you are hearing and reading that Vector linux is for older computers it is because among those who enjoy recycling older computers Vector is the one to talk about because it offers the best value. Most distro's will work on newer systems but many of the bigger distro's  do not work well on older equipment. It is not marketed to older units in particular, it is simply loved by those who employ them and you are hearing about. Wink

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: