VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 04:43:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious from afar.  (Read 3428 times)
CMAR606

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 10:46:26 am »

Forgot to say thats with TESTING enabled.
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 02:48:08 pm »

So basically your saying I just about never have to do the " MARK ALL UPGRADES" then " APPLY"?

Yes, that's my practice, the exception (every rule has one) being that I update everything (WITH TESTING OFF) after a fresh install. "Never" is a tough word.

John
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:49:59 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 04:29:30 pm »

Hope my word did not confuse you about updates/upgrades. It is my personal practice of not running system wide update/upgrade and update/upgrade packages for what I want.

Since you are running VL in vbox, you can play with it to get more familiar. But running a system wide update/upgrade with testing repo enable is highly not recommended. Only install/upgrade packages that you want from the testing repo and disable it afterward.

VL does not provide auto update/upgrade function like Ubuntu, so for important update/upgrade will be announce in the forum.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: