VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 08:12:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: gtkpod with iphone4  (Read 1733 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: April 10, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »

Attempting to connect iphone4 to gtkpod on VL7.0 light
installed
gtkpod 1.0.0
libgpod 0.8.0
ifuse 1.1.2 (includes libimobiledevice 1.0.7)

the app opens and I can create a repository for Iphone and when I load ipod by right clicking the repository name I get option to create directory structure select iphone4 then ends with warning can not create directory or file in /

do not know how to proceed but would like to add some music to the phone.

Thanks for any

adding..the iphone4 is ios7 but the iphone3g ios4.2.1 is same
device does not show in file manager but lsusb shows device and dmesg has a listing. would I have to manually add the device somehow or create a mountpoint. would this be done in fstab..in over my head as usual.

update..I did manage to create a /media/ipod folder and attempted to use ifuse to mount which did lodge a couple of unmountable folders that have no files in them although there are files on the device. gtkpod still did not function. guess I am just stupid. the folders remain after a reboot.

I recommend samsung. just copy past what you like to the sd and plug and play. I got this iphone free and now I know why...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:01:38 am by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:02:44 am »

it might need newer version of libimobiledevice and ifuse...maybe i can build it later...
btw, libimobiledevice may not fully support iOS7

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IPod
https://wiki.debian.org/iPhone
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:04:52 am by hata_ph » Logged
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:44:24 am »

Thanks hata_ph..I suspected ios7 but thought 4.2.1 may have a chance however both had the same issue so perhaps a newer libimobiledevice will help, if you find the time later.

thanks for the link also, did not see one of them and has some good info to try.

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »

I have build below packages in the untested repo...pls try to install it via gslapt/slapt-get

libplist-1.10
usbmuxd-1.0.8
libimobiledevice-1.1.5
ifuse-1.1.3

gtkpod-2.1.x require gtk+3 and others newer library...it might take some effort to build it
so pls try ifuse way first and let me know how it go...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 10:57:18 pm »

Ok..added the updates but still have the password trust issue with the iphone4 ios7
according to this posting the trust issue I am having with the iphone4 is releived with libimobiledevice 1.1.6 or better.

http://blog.xenodesystems.com/2014/03/how-to-managesync-your-ios-7-device.html

I did have success with the iphone3g ios 4.2.1 after downgrading.. as root in terminal typed ifuse /media/ipod to mount then gtkpod for application and umount /media/ipod to unmount

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »

so ios 4.2.1 work on new or old ifuse?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:16 am »

With your updates, ios7 still has an issue mounting.. possibly libimobiledevice 1.1.6 solves the issue.

ios 4.2.1 appears to mount but gtkpod no longer works so cannot test

with this downgrade I am able to mount iso 4.2.1, use gtkpod to create playlist and sync and unmount as root in terminal.

libplist 1.3
usbmuxd 1.0.7
ifuse 1.1.1
libimobiledevice 1.0.4
gtkpod 1.0.0
libgpod 0.8.2

with this downgrade ios7 has the same trust/password issue as prior and after

I forgot the defaults so guessed when down grading..prior to upgrade I think gtkpod was problematic because as user I could not mount. I had installed all the files but was expecting gtkpod to do all the work in user account.

To get playlist on ios 4.2.1 I added above files, created folder /media/ipod, in terminal su to root then type ifuse /media/ipod, then type gtkpod and use app then close and in terminal type umount /media/ipod

with ios7 I type ifuse /media/ipod but get error to remove password on phone and popup on phone trust this computer as mentioned in the link. they suggest libimobiledevice 1.1.6. I am not sure of the details of implimentation at the moment

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 06:23:42 am »

pls show me /var/log/pkgtools...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 04:40:18 pm »

what are you doubting, that ios7 does not work or that ios 4.2.1 does  Wink

Appears a common issue but I have seen no fix outside the newest still unstable 1.1.6 and depends. they are not packaged for simple ./configure make make install, they use /usr/local I think...anyway

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »

so ios 4.2.1 work on new or old ifuse?

overthere,

I was just confuse about which version work on ios 4.2.1...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

with this downgrade I am able to mount iso 4.2.1, use gtkpod to create playlist and sync and unmount as root in terminal.

libplist 1.3
usbmuxd 1.0.7
ifuse 1.1.1
libimobiledevice 1.0.4
gtkpod 1.0.0
libgpod 0.8.2

thought it was obvious, this works for me, but I did use iso rather than ios sorry.

the update meant for ios7 did not work for ios7 mounts, but did appear to allow mount and unmount of 4.2.1 as posted which may have added confusion. there was no music app to test fully so not sure what value that has.

naturally what works on VL7.0 light on a dell latitude d400 may not work for everyone but I have added three playlists od 20 to 50 tracks and removed one with success so far

the post was really about ios7 on an iphone4 but it appears to be a new common issue in linux and as yet generally unresolved.

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »

I have build below packages in the untested repo...pls try to install it via gslapt/slapt-get

libplist-1.10
usbmuxd-1.0.8
libimobiledevice-1.1.5
ifuse-1.1.3

gtkpod-2.1.x require gtk+3 and others newer library...it might take some effort to build it
so pls try ifuse way first and let me know how it go...

So all 4 new version does not work on ios 4?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 07:47:27 pm »

The short answer is maby,

they do NOT work on iOS-7.0 for mount/umount which is the purpose of the posting

they did appear to  work allowing mount and unmount of ios-4.2.1, I do not have 5x or 6x to try. but of no particular value without gtkpod or some other such app.

I would rather you build the newest LMD 1.1.6 and associates when you feel comfortable it is stable or worth your effort as it will also require gtkpod and will hopefully work with the current apple iphone models 4/5 with iOS-7.0

personally speaking I am content with the current downgraded set for the somewhat obsolete ios 4.2.1, but happy to try the new LMD 1.1.5 with gtkpod if you want to build it.

Does that make any sense?

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:09 pm »

I have build below new packages at the untested repo. Pls try this with ios4 and iso7

libimobiledevice-1.1.6
libplist-1.11
usbmudx-10.9

PS: Not building new gtkpod now as it need a lot of new gtk stuff. Pls try to access it via ifuse first...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 12:20:28 am »

Sure, Will give it a go and post back if I can mount and unmount the two devices. there is very little one can do beside mount unmount, perhaps retrieve a photo but at least we will know if it works....Thanks

Edit:Ifuse gives error for libplist.so.1 (both devices)

root:# ifuse /media/ipod
ifuse: error while loading shared libraries: libplist.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

did reinstalls, reboot, downgrade to 115 gives same error. downgrade ifuse gives error libimobiledevice so 1,
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:33:35 am by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: