VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 10:08:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: gtkpod with iphone4  (Read 2165 times)
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 03:11:55 am »

Sorry is my bad...forget to rebuild ifuse with libimobiledevice-1.1.6
Pls try ifuse-1.1.3 v2 at the untested repo...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 02:19:50 pm »

Hi hata_ph
installed via gslapt and rebooted. In terminal as root error

root:# ifuse /media/ipod
No device found, is it connected?
If it is make sure that your user has permissions to access the raw usb device.
If you're still having issues try unplugging the device and reconnecting it.

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »

Sorry I do not have any apple device with me but can you try run ideviceinfo in terminal while with your apple device attached to it?

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Apple_iPod,_iPad,_iPhone
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 06:39:47 pm »

both devices

same error, no device found

downgrade still works fine for older iphone3g iOS-4.2.1

Thanks for all your efforts, I appreciate  it,this is not a priority just an opportunity that presented itself

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »

Sorry cause cannot help you much...
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 10:07:33 pm »

No worries hata_ph, I appreciate the kind effort

According to this thread the problem was solved with the new builds of libimobiledevice 1.1.6,and depends.

https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice/issues/48

the 1.1.5 package set you built worked but had the trust no trust loop issue with iOS-7 on the iphone4 and no gtkpod

with the 1.1.6 package set ifuse gave error for libplist so.1 and the rebuild of ifuse gave error no connection

my understanding is that usbmuxd looks for libplist and libimobiledevice looks for both, ifuse uses libimobiledevice to mount device

The pkgs from imobiledevice want to install to /usr/local rather than /usr so I was not sure how to configure and make them.

however this information should point anyone interested in connecting the newer iphones in the right direction.

with ifuse working one can mount the device however this has limited usefullness..my understanding is that shotwell will allow photo extractions and gtkpod, amorak and perhaps other music apps allow transfer of music and video files.

I downgraded as mentioned earlier and had success with ifuse and gtkpod with the iphone3g iOS 4.2.1 I suspect this would also work with older ipods and other devices using 4.2.1

Although the iphone3g iOS 4.2.1 is obsolete in the apple world it is still popular with those who like to jailbreak the units and install cydia. The redsnow works well and the iboot hack that allows install of the iboot loader and dual boots android is interesting.

I played with both but restored the phone and use it as an ipod music player with the utube app and game of solitaire...not very exciting but it is nice to be able to add music via my Vectorlinux laptop

The newer iphone with ios7 can work with itunes on windows or copytrans manager with copytrans drivers installer as alternative if anyone still dualboots xp or 7, I unfortunatly formatted windows for the added drive space.

http://www.copytrans.net/download.php

Cheers

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »

overthere,

can you try usbmuxd-1.0.9_20140416git at the untested repo?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:19 pm »

Installed via gslapt and rebooted then in terminal su root plug device and type ifuse /media/ipod

root:# ifuse /media/ipod
ifuse: error while loading shared libraries: libusbmuxd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »

Can you try libimobiledevice-1.1.6 v2, libusbmuxd-1.0.9 and usbmuxd-1.0.9_20140417git from the untested repo?
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 12:03:12 am »

Ok..have installed via gslapt
libplist 1.11
usbmuxd 1.0.9_20140417git
libimobiledevice 1.1.6-i586-2vl70
libusbmuxd 1.0.9 (marked with libimobledevice)
ifuse 1.1.3

note usbmuxd 1.0.9 did not work

congrats the foundation is complete
The first time it ask for trust confirmation but once clicked it did not ask the second and third time I plugged and mounted

in terminal as ROOT, ifuse /media/ipod mounts device
this works for iOS7 on iphone4 and iOS 4.2.1 on iphone 3g

in ROOT file manager /media/ipod lists folders however the only function of use was that I could copy photo images from the dcim folder on both devices to the computer. an application would be required to add any files to the devices

Downgrade to
libplist 1.11
usbmuxd 1.0.7
libimobiledevice 1.0.4
ifuse ifuse 1.1.1
gtkpod 1.0.0
libgpod 0.8.2

works to mount via ifuse and add files via gtkpod to ios 4.2.1 only

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 12:09:36 am »

So long story short is new libimobiledevice and usbmuxd work for iOS4 and 7 via ifuse but not gtkpod-1.x?
can't your file manager detect the idevice as storage?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:28:28 am by hata_ph » Logged
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 01:06:14 am »

Short answer NO

As I mentioned before ifuse will mount the device and one can see the folders in file manager however the only interaction possible in a file manager is to extract photos from idevice from dcim folder. to actually add files to the idevice one requires an application such as amarok, clementine, banshee, perhaps exaile. It is not mass storage ie adding mp3 are not seen by itunes media player on the device

I installed amarok, clementine and exaile but the only promise was clementine with error for libimobiledevice

this is as root in terminal, perhaps the apps can be given access as user although as one has to be root to mount with ifuse one may as well open the app in terminal as root as well

clementine: error while loading shared libraries: libimobiledevice.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

root:# exaile
Error: running as root is not supported!

root:# amarok
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
unnamed app(15797): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server:  "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

unnamed app(15796): KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly.

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 04:01:04 am »

building latest version of gtkpod in 7.0 may take some challenge as it may need to update a lot of gtk stuff and from the gtkpod main page it mention it does not support iOS5 and above

http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Home

clementine may need to be rebuild with new libimobiledevice and for other apps may need to rebuild gvfs to support AFC

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/gvfs-afc/
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »

Thanks, Perhaps further efforts would be better placed on VL7.1  as it is current.

Everything Is Relative
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »

overthere,

if you have 7.1 installed, I have update below packages, pls try it and let me know now it go

libgpod-0.8.3
libplist-1.11
libusbmuxd-1.0.9
libimobiledevice-1.0.6
ifuse-1.1.3
usbmuxd-1.0.9-20140517git
gtkpod-2.1.4 v3

PS: You might need to enable untested repo to install them...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:03:18 pm by hata_ph » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: