VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 01:59:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: non-PAE kernel?  (Read 2186 times)
Jacobite

« on: June 07, 2014, 03:53:34 am »

Hi folks,

I'm a refugee from Lubuntu. Grin  Not happy with the latest version so am looking for an alternative for my aging AMD. I've tried a few other light-weight distros but keep getting a "kernel not supported" error due to my computer not having PAE (this was the case with Salix, and I believe the latest version of Slackware doesn't support PAE), so I just wanted to check here first that at least one version of VL does support non-PAE? I'm thinking of using the lite version.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:20:48 am by Jacobite » Logged
Jacobite

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:59:26 am »

Well, I downloaded VL Light and it installed fine using VirtualBox. Hopefully I'll also be able to install the upcoming 7.1 on my machine.

Congrats to the developers. No problems installing even though I'm used to an easy GUI install process. Very nice indeed, and I thought Lubuntu was fast! This one's a keeper.  Smiley
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 08:43:50 pm »

Hi...I found that Vector 7.0 light worked very well on my dell d-400 with the pent M chip which also complained with many distros about non pae

The new 7.1 standard rc did not work on this machine so I expect 7.1 light will not as well, perhaps someone can confirm that otherwise we will have to wait and see.

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: