VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Video recording information please.  (Read 2028 times)

Locator

• Vectorian
Video recording information please.
« on: June 11, 2014, 12:49:07 pm »

Does anyone out there know if it's possible to purchase a "stand-alone" VCR player (as opposed to a combination DVD/VCR player) that makes use of component connections instead of composite connections? I ask that because whenever I record an analog videotape, the recording ends up having what is known as "dot crawl", and I was told that a good way to correct that would be to record them using a component connection instead of a composite connection, and of course I will need a TV tuner card with such connections as well. The problem is, however, that I have searched the internet and have yet to find either of those.  :'(.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

And my current tuner card uses the cx2341 chipset.

Locator

• Vectorian
Re: Video recording information please.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:20:51 pm »

Never mind. I think that I may have solved the problem already. What I did was to see if I could find an S-video adapter because my TV tuner card will accept S-video input, but my VCR only allows for composite output - and I found one at TigerDirect.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:30:01 pm by Locator »

defetonezzzzz

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:07:47 am »

Record video from a webcam, recording device or screen http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/

Ian bell

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:38:12 am »

My Screen Recorder is a better screen recording software. It records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to standard compressed format that works with any video editor or any tool, no conversion required.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:37:20 am by nightflier »

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:39:11 am »

@Ian bell: I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not a spammer, but I removed the link to the Windows-only software.

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:52:44 pm »

Huh? Windows spammer on a Linux forum? Who'd a thunk?!!  ;D
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz