VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 04:57:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: jq -- command-line JSON query/parse/manipulate [SOLVED]  (Read 1188 times)
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« on: July 29, 2014, 06:49:26 pm »

https://stedolan.github.io/jq/

Had an unexpected need to work with JSON data, and I couldn't locate this among a huge jungle of stuff that doesn't work.

'jq' works, is simple and fast, and is VERY shell-friendly.

The pre-compiled binary worked for me and I'm keeping it. But we should really have this in the repos.

Thanks to Masta for findiing it for me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:26:14 am by roarde » Logged

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
wigums
Packager
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »

check untested repo and let me know how it works. i have no idea what it is or how to use it but the build looked ok from my end
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:58:04 pm by wigums » Logged

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:30:18 am »

Installed on 32-bit. Everything wanted (manpage!) is there and works well so far.

Thank you for building this one, wigums. I tried it locally on my own, but couldn't get the manpage to come out.

What I'm using it for is to access Bitbucket via their 2.0 API. The "language" for that is JSON.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: