VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: jq -- command-line JSON query/parse/manipulate [SOLVED]  (Read 2369 times)

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
jq -- command-line JSON query/parse/manipulate [SOLVED]
« on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:26 pm »

https://stedolan.github.io/jq/

Had an unexpected need to work with JSON data, and I couldn't locate this among a huge jungle of stuff that doesn't work.

'jq' works, is simple and fast, and is VERY shell-friendly.

The pre-compiled binary worked for me and I'm keeping it. But we should really have this in the repos.

Thanks to Masta for findiing it for me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:26:14 am by roarde »
Robert
VL 7.1 Light RC 2

wigums

• Packager
  • Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: jq -- command-line JSON query/parse/manipulate
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:54:53 pm »

check untested repo and let me know how it works. i have no idea what it is or how to use it but the build looked ok from my end
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:58:04 pm by wigums »
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
Re: jq -- command-line JSON query/parse/manipulate [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 11:30:18 am »

Installed on 32-bit. Everything wanted (manpage!) is there and works well so far.

Thank you for building this one, wigums. I tried it locally on my own, but couldn't get the manpage to come out.

What I'm using it for is to access Bitbucket via their 2.0 API. The "language" for that is JSON.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light RC 2