VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Problem installing Flightgear.  (Read 2553 times)

Locator

• Vectorian
Problem installing Flightgear.
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:45:25 pm »

I am using Vector Linux 7.0, and am trying to install Flightear 2.4.0-i586-1vl70, and the following error window pops up:

Locator

• Vectorian
Re: Problem installing Flightgear.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »

I finally managed to download and install it manually, but when I tried to run it from the "Games" menu nothing seemed to happen, so I tried running it in terminal mode with the following result:

vector:/~
doctor:$ usr/bin/fgfs --geometry=1024x768 --enable-game-mode
bash: usr/bin/fgfs: No such file or directory

DESPITE the fact that there IS a file in that sub-directory by that name. So what do you suggest I do to get it working (and yes, I have installed the dependencies the documentation for it says I need)?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

What you describe, happens when you try to launch a 64-bit executable in a 32-bit environment or vice versa. Make sure you have a package for the appropriate architecture.

Locator

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:18:51 pm »

I didn't know that it was 64-bit (I am using the 32bit version of Vector Linux 7.0) and I assumed that I was loading the 32-bit version of that software (nothing about the file name in the repository that I saw indicated that it was a 64-bit version). And the 64-bit version is DEFINITELY named differently (I know, I checked it myself). So how do I get the 32-bit version to work?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:33:31 pm by Locator »