VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VL-light RC1.4  (Read 6075 times)

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
Re: VL-light RC1.4
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »

It's in the directory http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.1/iso/

There's a 64-bit edition this time also.
Robert

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 03:12:49 pm »

firefox via gslapt seems to work fine so far.

removed qupzilla and installed 1.6.4 same
removed 1.6.4 and reinstalled 1.8.4 from testing same
perhaps my hardware, as not an issue for others..

the clipping music cds appears to be on the first few tracks of any disk I play, however tracks in the middle to end play fine., I increased the cache for audio cd from 1024 to 4000 with little effect so set at 40 000 and track one plays although takes longer to fill cache, loading puppy in ram and playing same cd's in vlc worked fine. I can grip the tracks and play as mp3 fine, which is usually the case so not an issue for me, just observation and perhaps only on this computer.

@roarde...the terminal download was quick and the script is readable...not sure if that is what you intended. and perhaps late.
Everything Is Relative

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 03:33:21 pm »

@roarde...the terminal download was quick and the script is readable...not sure if that is what you intended. and perhaps late.

All the info is great, and this in particular is exactly what I not-so-clearly asked for. General SSL failure was one of the things suspected, but your fetching the file rules that out. As for timely, a late post gets next day service? That's fast, not late :D
I still have 2-1/2 hours to go in 1.3 delta download so I can grab and apply the much smaller 1.4 delta.

@nightflier:
I spoke to you about problems with Bitbucket's sidebar in QupZilla. No idea why, but now I get the behavior you mentioned, that is first click expands the bar, next click does the action correctly and sidebar recollapses. That'll do -- I'll probably try QupZilla as default again for a while.

Also, QupZilla gets me the same results from forum search as you: Doesn't crash, but shows only the top of the page; no results. Someone in freenode #qupzilla was kind enought to try it with a qt5 QupZilla and also had this problem. So it's totally upstream.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:03:49 pm by roarde »
Robert

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:06 am »

Added fluxbox and wmdrawer via gslapt to light RC1.4. Thanks for including this wallpaper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxfgl46lckbzqhf/fluxvll2.png?dl=0

touching the vector button provides applications to the right. selecting one or moving the mouse away hides the selection

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4dv6lqqmdtr4v5/fluxvll3.png?dl=0

to the left is the panel on auto hide.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kszrwatztzbt7vn/fluxvll4.png?dl=0

these are easily reversed or rearranged and present no issues so far, also was automatically added to session menu...very nice rc so far..Thanks
Everything Is Relative

Lyn

• Vectorian
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 03:02:31 pm »

Loaded on my Toshiba laptop.  Artwork is lovely.  VASM needs some work, lacking in features such as the ability to change the keyboard settings.

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 02:42:47 pm »

Added gparted and gimp to rc1.4..both installed and appear to function normally..formatted a partition and extreme edited a photo and saved the result.

@Lyn..I agree. you can almost hear the water rushing.  Vasm appears to be under construction.
Everything Is Relative

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:07 pm »

Added xfce4 to VL 7.1 Light 1.4

everything appears to work fine so far, here is a shot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfoy0rk6g2x9lai/xfce4VLL.png?dl=0

Adding: attempted the mate desktop but although I could install the mate desktop package the meta and extra meta depended on mate-doc-utils 1.6.0 and mate-text-editor.1.6.0...did not see but perhaps in one of the other packages. there was no session available so removed the mate desktop package as more info is needed for install.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:03:00 am by overthere »
Everything Is Relative

StrayBit

• Vectorian
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »

Downloaded
VL-7.1-LIGHT-RC1.4.iso
burned to cd and tried to install to usb stick - no go!  changed to VL-7.0 on same pc Disk Utility said the cd was bad so re-burned it from VL.  tried to boot from cd,  just sat there with dark screen and the cd tray flashing.

I realize the documentation is way behind during the build, but some of them are for Vlocity version 6.  There is even one from version 5.  Is there any chance that the installer is using a cd format invented by W$ 8?  No, I guess not if I can read the files on the cd.

My other thought was perhaps the 64 bit got mixed in to the above iso?  I don't believe that I can work with it as my newest machine is an HP 620 laptop with W$ 7 to which I added VL 7.0 STD.
7.2 STD B2 built on Feb-01-2017
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »

The initial bootloader splash screen of the install cd does say vlocity for your 64-bits PC on 32-bit vector versions. True of Light RC1.4, and I think for RC1.5. That's just some misplaced text, no more; and I think it's being fixed.

There were several retries when building RC1.4, you may have gotten one of the "oops" ones. If the CD booted and the installer started when trying the install to USB, chances are the machine is fine for 7.1. I got confused when looking at the Dell's specs, but I think that one's a no-go until a way is found to put the needed non-pae stuff into the downloaded install iso/extraction. Please say so if I'm wrong about the Dell being non-pae.

As far as installing to USB, there was a very recent fix to the installer to improve USB as an installer medium. Those changes are in the Light RC1.5 and STD RC4.2 iso's. Magic 8-ball says 51% chance that will help when installing to USB, if it has the space.

Light RC1.5 and STD RC4.2 won't be rebuilt -- that is, if other iso's are to be created, the version number will be changed. If a new RC version is very "fresh", say a day old or less, it might be a failed build that hasn't been cleaned up yet.

Oh -- for Light RC1.5, and probably STD RC4.2, I suggest that if you're disabling the boot splash, choose grub for your bootloader. Lilo seems to have problems in this setup if the initrd (containing udev) isn't loaded.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:16:56 pm by roarde »
Robert
Pages: 1 [2]