Author Topic: GSLAPT  (Read 3857 times)

crum

• Vectorite
GSLAPT
« on: March 15, 2015, 04:21:04 pm »
It seems as though Gslapt does not load all dependencies and install properly. Using VL7.1RC3 32 bit,my installation. Tried gparted, needs ATK2.7 there is no ATK2.7,but it is included in ATK22M tried loading Gslapt successful install, gparted does not run listed in menu.

crum

• Vectorite
Re: GSLAPT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:40:48 pm »
Seems like I need to figure out how to append to previous post. Anyway I am running VL7.1 STD. LL discussion seems to be about Lite. Why?

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
It seems as though Gslapt does not load all dependencies and install properly. Using VL7.1RC3 32 bit,my installation. Tried gparted, needs ATK2.7 there is no ATK2.7,but it is included in ATK22M tried loading Gslapt successful install, gparted does not run listed in menu.

If "RC3" is correct, you may want to try RC3.1. But I don't think that would fix this issue.

On a fresh install, I tried getting gparted using Gslapt. Like with you, it failed to grab it due to dependencies. Then I edited /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc and added this line:
SOURCE=http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.1/x86/
For 64-bit, change 'x86' to 'x86_64'
Doesn't really matter where it goes, but I like to put it near the top following the other uncommented SOURCE lines.

Exited Gslapt, restarted it, did "Update". This time, gparted downloaded and installed without a hitch (including dependencies) and runs fine.

The above should not be necessary after 7.1 is fully released, unless you want to test freshly-minted packages. My own personal recommendation is to leave untested on until (and only UNTIL) release, or until devs advise or request otherwise.

Seems like I need to figure out how to append to previous post. Anyway I am running VL7.1 STD. LL discussion seems to be about Lite. Why?

STD development, per se, is complete. What's left is the overhead details -- there are a LOT of them! Re-doing the repo to be suitable for a release instead of a release candidte as above, for example; stuff like that. Maybe the odd, small bugfix or two.

So the only actual OS-development going on would be for other flavors, or maybe some things that are being preloaded for the  version that will follow 7.1. Light development and ISO building is also being used to iron out packages and repo layout that will help with the STD release, rather than rolling new STD ISO's "for no reason" to do that testing. Short story: there's nothing left to discuss about STD development, except if you find a bug, please continue to report it. ;D  Your report here did indirectly turn up a problem in gparted, even after all stated deps load.. Looks to me like our mtools is the wrong version for it; I've already requested a new package. Thanks for helping turn that up.

Adding to post:
Look at either of your posts. You'll see a link for "Quote" inside the text box of both my posts and yours. But inside yours, you'll see a "Modify" link. That's how you'd append, modify, etc. I don't think modifying a post re-tags it as a new post, so if you want quick notice about a "reposting", use reply, just like you did, and it will show up on everyone's front page as new.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:33:32 pm by roarde »
Robert

crum

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:05:14 am »
Thanks Roarde, I just added to Gslapt sources updated worked . If I read post correctly STD-7.1RC3 is pretty much going to be the official next STD. Boot screen should just show VL logo.
    After downloading from added repository Desktop Forum no longer opens in Forum,instead shows Firefox homepage,launcher appears to have changed for Desktop Forum.
     Why are there so many different VL places to get things from and hard to find if right question is not asked with the correct wording? Need to get all gathered and sorted made available ,almost seems like secret society.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:52:34 am »
almost seems like secret society.

That is not by design, but rather because a lack of. During a huge effort on the back end, the front end has been neglected. :(

crum

• Vectorite
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 08:44:27 am »
almost seems like secret society.

That is not by design, but rather because a lack of. During a huge effort on the back end, the front end has been neglected. :(
Why not one size fits all VL-STD-32/64?