VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: VectorLinux 7.1 final has been released!!!!!!  (Read 34931 times)

vector

• Administrator
  • Vectorite
VectorLinux 7.1 final has been released!!!!!!
« on: June 27, 2015, 12:48:28 am »

The VectorLinux team is proud to announce  the final release of VectorLinux 7.1! This release is the culmination of years of work to make our distro the standard which all others hope to achieve. We have successfully developed an easy to use installer that can be used in both gui and text mode depending on the hardware involved that requires very little user intervention to achieve a successful installation of the system. We have completely automated our internal package system so that all packages are constantly up to date and patched as necessary. The system is available both in 32 bit and 64 bit versions and features the latest linux 3.18.16 lts kernel. We use the latest Xfce as our gui desktop with Fluxbox as an alternate if the user is so inclined. The repo contains the bigger systems like KDE and thousands of other programs easily installed thru the tried and true gslapt/slaptget installer. We hope you find that the blend of programs included in the standard install to be best of breed and covers all the day to day tasks that a user expects of his/her system and maybe some unexpected extras. Lastly I would like to thank our small but very dedicated team of developers for making this a reality for all to enjoy!!!

For those adventurous enough to give our baby a try here are the iso download links:
32 bit
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-7.1/iso-release/VL-7.1-STD-FINAL.iso
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-7.1/iso-release/VL-7.1-STD-FINAL.iso.md5sum.txt

64 bit
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/VL64-7.1/iso-release/VL64-7.1-STD-FINAL.iso
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/VL64-7.1/iso-release/VL64-7.1-STD-FINAL.iso.md5sum.txt

Please leave us some feedback on our forum
forum.vectorlinux.com

Thank you the VectorLinux team

32 bit

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: VectorLinux 7.1 final has been released!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:11:50 am »

64 bit (unetbootin, lilo) loaded fine on my Samsung RF511 and works great.  Internal wireless card worked flawlessly. Good work!
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

vector

• Administrator
  • Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 03:03:41 am »

already on distrowatch....................... :D

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
Robert
VL 7.2 Light B2

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 04:55:33 am »

Great news!

wigums

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 11:36:07 am »

when i looked at the distrowatch and read "the brand new VectorLinux 7.1. A Slackware-derived distribution with Xfce and without systemd."      implies that slackware has systemd....does anyone else read it like that?

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08994

MikeCindi

• Tester
  • Vectorian
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:03:49 pm »

This is great news indeed.
The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
 VL64 7.1                                     RLU 486143

eco2geek

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »

implies that slackware has systemd....does anyone else read it like that?

I don't think it's meant to. It's simply that a distro's inclusion or non-inclusion of systemd is something of interest to Distrowatch's readership.

(The opinions expressed about systemd in the Distrowatch Weekly discussion forums have been overwhelmingly negative. The debate about it has quieted down now, but it was going strong for weeks.)

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

Congrats  :)
Everything Is Relative

petitbob

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 03:11:30 am »

Great news ! congratulations  ;)

Lyn

• Vectorian
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 03:51:02 am »

Congratulations to all the developers, contributors, artists, testers and the whole Vector community.  Installed like a dream.

wigums

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 10:45:31 am »

eco2geek i do not believe its intended either, i know it was meant as a comparrison to give the reader an idea of what the distro is all about. to me it reads that vector linux its like slackware without systemd though. its probably not even a big deal anyway. just 1 of my ocd moments

overthere

• Vectorian
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »

It reads "A Slackware-derived distribution with Xfce and without systemd. ". I take this to mean that Vector is derived from slackware and uses the xfce desktop and does not use systemD. I looked for a list of distros that do not use systemD and Slackware and its derivatives appear not to at the moment. thus the mention appears simply to ensure that users are aware that this new release is not an exception. worth mention it would appear.

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

However, I for one would prefer to see any further discussion posted in a new topic..jmho
Everything Is Relative

makaroni

• user
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 12:42:13 pm »

Congratulations! I tried to copy several files, there's something wrong. VectorLinux do not recognize Bluetooth.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 01:30:29 pm »

Bluetooth is a work in progress, but since it was not a show stopper for the release, it may get adopted soon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4