Author Topic: Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.  (Read 2257 times)

userxbw

• user
Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.
« on: July 16, 2015, 07:17:07 am »
Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.
what? I have no dot coms in this question at all, now I got to figure out what that message is taking about to get this posted.

I wrote a question out wondering why nothing works in my user account but under root account where I am at programs are working with this fresh install then picked preview then get that message I did not put anything that even to me looks like a external link to any where whatsoever now confusing me what to remove to get my question posted. not being able to even post it so someone can show me why it is telling me this.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:16:11 am »
userxbw, we get a lot of spam bots, so there are restrictions on what you can do on your first few posts.

A little chit-chat back and forth will prove you're not a bot. Let's start with a few questions: Which version of VL did you install? Where are you encountering problems? What are the symptoms?

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:54:17 pm »
Are you logging in to the desktop as root from the login manager? or switching to root on a terminal and then launching an application?

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 03:40:48 pm »
Chances are, you chose to have a separate /home partition and it is not being mounted, probably due to reformat, which would cause a UUID change.

Can we see the ouput of each of these commands, please?
Code: [Select]
cat /etc/fstab | sed s,/,~,g
mount | sed s,/,~,g
ls /home

You can check whether my guess is right by looking at the output of 'blkid', and comparing that to your /etc/fstab.

The inconvenience of doing the sed dance, etc, is aggravating, I know. Since the recent release, spam had gotten out of hand. Only a couple more posts to go after your next for the restriction to be auto-removed, or maybe an admin will see the reply and set it manually. Not sure how that's being handled, to tell the truth.
Robert