VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Monodevelop issues  (Read 2823 times)

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
Monodevelop issues
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »

I tried to get a test app running with MonoDevelop to read out the output of the arduino uno/nano boards.
MonoDevelop seems to mis some gnome fonts:

I get this error message if I try to open the cs files:

Code: [Select]
GConf.NoSuchKeyException: Key '/desktop/gnome/interface/monospace_font_name' not found in GConf
  at GConf.Client.Get (System.String key) [0x00062] in /tmp/builds/gnome-sharp/tmp/gnome-sharp-2.24.2/gconf/GConf/Client.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.Platform.GnomePlatform.get_DefaultMonospaceFont () [0x0000a] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/GnomePlatform/GnomePlatform.cs:138
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.DesktopService.get_DefaultMonospaceFont () [0x00006] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/DesktopService.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Fonts.FontService.FilterFontName (System.String name) [0x00011] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Fonts/FontService.cs:84
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.DefaultSourceEditorOptions.get_FontName () [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorOptions.cs:637
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextEditorOptions.get_Font () [0x00022] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/TextEditorOptions.cs:375
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.StyledSourceEditorOptions.get_Font () [0x00005] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/StyledSourceEditorOptions.cs:182
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextViewMargin.OptionsChanged () [0x00011] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextViewMargin.cs:438
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextArea.OptionsChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) [0x000c1] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextArea.cs:697
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextArea.set_Options (ITextEditorOptions value) [0x00066] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextArea.cs:157
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextEditor.set_Options (ITextEditorOptions value) [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextEditor.cs:414
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.ExtensibleTextEditor..ctor (MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView view) [0x00028] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/ExtensibleTextEditor.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorWidget..ctor (MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView view) [0x00077] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorWidget.cs:284
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView..ctor () [0x000ca] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorView.cs:189
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorDisplayBinding.CreateContent (FilePath fileName, System.String mimeType, MonoDevelop.Projects.Project ownerProject) [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorDisplayBinding.cs:94
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.LoadFileWrapper.Invoke (System.String fileName) [0x00036] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/Workbench.cs:1156

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Monodevelop issues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

Any idea how to fix it?

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »

I have tried to reinstall mono and monodevelop and the fonts packages... no solution yet... 
keep you posted...

StrayBit

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »

I ran into the same problem when I tried to use monodevelop.  I was hoping that I could learn C# using it.
7.2 STD B2 built on Feb-01-2017
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:30:48 am »

May be this wil help building a new package for mono/monodevelop:
http://slackblogs.blogspot.nl/2012/04/compiling-mono-and-monodevelop.html
On this page there's a list of dependecies.

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 11:12:27 am »

Checked all these dependencies from the site with the packages in the repo.

- libgdiplus
   - mono
   - mono-addins
   - gtk-sharp
   - gnome-sharp
   - gnome-vfs
   - GConf
   - ORBit2
   - gnome-mime-data
   - libbonobo
   - avahi
   - libgnomecanvas
   - libgnomeui
   - gnome-keyring
   - libgnome-keyring
   - libtasn1
   - libbonoboui
   - libgnome
   - libcanberra
   - sound-theme-freedesktop

All are there and installed on my system.
The problem is the /desktop/gnome/interface/monospacefontname entry in Gconf. I search in /etc/gconf /usr/include/gconf /usr/share/gconf but don' t know how to configure the entry for the fontname (yet).

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 02:42:28 am »

I think I solved it. :) MonoDevelop depends on some gnome settings.
In Vector these settings are not set but the config tools are there for gnome.

Open a terminal and execute this:
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/monospace_font_name "Monospace 9"

Other examples to set gnome fonts:
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name "Sans 11"
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/document_font_name "Sans 10"

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:48:57 am »

Excellent work! We can add that line to the install script probably.

Thanks!
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!