Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Monodevelop issues  (Read 3039 times)

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
Monodevelop issues
« on: July 31, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »
I tried to get a test app running with MonoDevelop to read out the output of the arduino uno/nano boards.
MonoDevelop seems to mis some gnome fonts:

I get this error message if I try to open the cs files:

Code: [Select]
GConf.NoSuchKeyException: Key '/desktop/gnome/interface/monospace_font_name' not found in GConf
  at GConf.Client.Get (System.String key) [0x00062] in /tmp/builds/gnome-sharp/tmp/gnome-sharp-2.24.2/gconf/GConf/Client.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.Platform.GnomePlatform.get_DefaultMonospaceFont () [0x0000a] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/GnomePlatform/GnomePlatform.cs:138
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.DesktopService.get_DefaultMonospaceFont () [0x00006] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/DesktopService.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Fonts.FontService.FilterFontName (System.String name) [0x00011] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Fonts/FontService.cs:84
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.DefaultSourceEditorOptions.get_FontName () [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorOptions.cs:637
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextEditorOptions.get_Font () [0x00022] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/TextEditorOptions.cs:375
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.StyledSourceEditorOptions.get_Font () [0x00005] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/StyledSourceEditorOptions.cs:182
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextViewMargin.OptionsChanged () [0x00011] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextViewMargin.cs:438
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextArea.OptionsChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) [0x000c1] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextArea.cs:697
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextArea.set_Options (ITextEditorOptions value) [0x00066] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextArea.cs:157
  at Mono.TextEditor.TextEditor.set_Options (ITextEditorOptions value) [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/Mono.Texteditor/Mono.TextEditor/Gui/TextEditor.cs:414
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.ExtensibleTextEditor..ctor (MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView view) [0x00028] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/ExtensibleTextEditor.cs:75
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorWidget..ctor (MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView view) [0x00077] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorWidget.cs:284
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView..ctor () [0x000ca] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorView.cs:189
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorDisplayBinding.CreateContent (FilePath fileName, System.String mimeType, MonoDevelop.Projects.Project ownerProject) [0x00000] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/addins/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor2/MonoDevelop.SourceEditor/SourceEditorDisplayBinding.cs:94
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.LoadFileWrapper.Invoke (System.String fileName) [0x00036] in /tmp/builds/monodevelop/tmp/monodevelop-4.0/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui/Workbench.cs:1156

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Monodevelop issues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »
Any idea how to fix it?

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »
I have tried to reinstall mono and monodevelop and the fonts packages... no solution yet... 
keep you posted...

StrayBit

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »
I ran into the same problem when I tried to use monodevelop.  I was hoping that I could learn C# using it.
7.2 STD B2 built on Feb-01-2017
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:30:48 am »
May be this wil help building a new package for mono/monodevelop:
http://slackblogs.blogspot.nl/2012/04/compiling-mono-and-monodevelop.html
On this page there's a list of dependecies.

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 11:12:27 am »
Checked all these dependencies from the site with the packages in the repo.

- libgdiplus
   - mono
   - mono-addins
   - gtk-sharp
   - gnome-sharp
   - gnome-vfs
   - GConf
   - ORBit2
   - gnome-mime-data
   - libbonobo
   - avahi
   - libgnomecanvas
   - libgnomeui
   - gnome-keyring
   - libgnome-keyring
   - libtasn1
   - libbonoboui
   - libgnome
   - libcanberra
   - sound-theme-freedesktop

All are there and installed on my system.
The problem is the /desktop/gnome/interface/monospacefontname entry in Gconf. I search in /etc/gconf /usr/include/gconf /usr/share/gconf but don' t know how to configure the entry for the fontname (yet).

SmartDuck

• SmartDuck
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 02:42:28 am »
I think I solved it. :) MonoDevelop depends on some gnome settings.
In Vector these settings are not set but the config tools are there for gnome.

Open a terminal and execute this:
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/monospace_font_name "Monospace 9"

Other examples to set gnome fonts:
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name "Sans 11"
gconftool-2 --set --type string /desktop/gnome/interface/document_font_name "Sans 10"

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:48:57 am »
Excellent work! We can add that line to the install script probably.

Thanks!
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!