VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Does anyone have an HP laserjet M1132 MFP?  (Read 1457 times)

theCapitain

• user
Does anyone have an HP laserjet M1132 MFP?
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:25:34 am »

Hi all,
I'm new here, and not very experienced with Linux, although I have installed some distros.
Now a friend asked me to resurrect an old, bloated, laptop running Vista (I told him that Linux is by far better and faster). After some web search I selected Vector as the most suitable distribution. I think I can make everything work, but I have a doubt about the HP laserjet M1132 multifunction printer. It will be a local printer connected via usb. I wanted to ask if anyone has had the opportunity to install it, or if you think it's easily configurable with VL (he expects the scanner works as well as the printer). I've seen the tip in the "how to's" section, but I wanted to have some certainty on the specific model.
Thanks

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: Does anyone have an HP laserjet M1132 MFP?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:37:50 pm »

I do not have the printer but with hplip it should work. Which VL version you plan to install on the laptop?

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_professional_m1132_mfp.html

theCapitain

• user
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 07:22:55 am »

Thanks hata_ph, I thought to install the latest version, 7.1 standard edition.
Actually I've already seen the page that you've linked, but my concern arises because VL isn't in the list, and assuming Slackware as reference, there isn't scanner support. Am I wrong?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:27:20 pm by theCapitain »

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »

I am really sure about the scanning part as I do not have the hardware...sorry about that  :'(
You can try to use SANE to test out the scanner thou...

theCapitain

• user
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:43:05 am »

Hello everyone. I did it.
If it can be useful to someone else I can confirm that the printer is well supported by HPLIP and also the scanner works well.
I only incurred in a "foomatic-rip-hplip" filter error solved adding the symbolic link "ln -s foomatic-rip foomatic-rip-hplip" in /usr/lib/cups/filter (workaround found with a bit of web search).
Greetings.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:44:42 am by theCapitain »

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 05:53:53 am »

Hello everyone. I did it.
If it can be useful to someone else I can confirm that the printer is well supported by HPLIP and also the scanner works well.
I only incurred in a "foomatic-rip-hplip" filter error solved adding the symbolic link "ln -s foomatic-rip foomatic-rip-hplip" in /usr/lib/cups/filter (workaround found with a bit of web search).
Greetings.

Awesome.  Glad you got it going