VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hello all. Again.  (Read 1339 times)

BlueMage

• Vectorite
Hello all. Again.
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:34:07 am »

I'm not exactly a newbie, but I've been inactive for nearly five years, so I feel it would be appropriate to reintroduce myself.  My name is Chris, I'm an engineer, a gamer and a PC tinkerer.  I was all those things last time too, but I've now added two new titles to that list - husband and father.  That last one may have spurred my return to Vector a little :)

My first introduction to Vector was in the form of 5.4 SOHO.  Those of you who were active when I was here last may remember I'd just found gainful employment with an electrical engineering firm at the time.  I've since moved on from there, now lending my engineeriness to a hospital.  The environment is high-stress, but the team I work with is excellent, so much so that I've rediscovered the urge to tinker with PCs that the last place burned out of me (hence my return to Vector.)

I have to say, I'm glad I've rediscovered that urge - 7.1 looks exceptionally well polished, and I doff my cap to the devs and packagers and bug-busters who got it to this point - to go from where wifi was a hit'n'miss affair and you might, might be lucky enough to find suitable drivers for your wireless device to having it work straight from install is a wonderful achievement.  I look forward to what may be achieved with 7.1 SOHO and 7.2 Std, and look forward to helping and being helped by others in the community as I find my way back to a more technical relationship with my boxes.
Acer Laptop:  Vector 7.1 Std Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive! 12 years on!)
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Hello all. Again.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:44 am »

Welcome back.  ;D

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:14:26 am »

Hey, nice to see you again. Welcome back!
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:06:44 pm »

welcome

Ranger.JR

• user