VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How to update  (Read 684 times)

Hannes Worst

• user
How to update
« on: January 27, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »

I may be an ignoramus but I see a lot of upgradewarnings in de security-section of this forum. Samba for instance should be updated to 4.4.5. But I can't find a way to do this. Slapt-get --update && slapt-get --upgrade do not update samba nor the other packages mentioned in the security-advisories section. I am running VL-light 7.1-  i386. I must have missed something obvious. How do I do this???

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: How to update
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:00 am »

Ignoramus you're not. 7.1 is starting to show its age and struggles to keep up with the fast changing software world.

Although it is not labelled "done" yet, 7.2 is in much better shape. How about testing the latest version? Find it here: http://vlcore.vectorlinux.com/pkg/untested/veclinux-7.2/iso/

Hannes Worst

• user
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:47:03 am »

Thanks! I have installed Vector Linux Light 14.2 now. Let's see how it's coming along. Thank you for your advice.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:39:49 pm »

Very good.  :)  Be advised that doing a full upgrade on the current version may affect your network connectivity. Hang on for a few days until we get that straightened out. At least don't upgrade the package "NetworkManager".

Hannes Worst

• user
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 02:39:11 pm »

Thank you for the warning. It came a bit to late I'm afraid. I allready screwed up my install. Have to start all over now. :'( I'll let you know how to goes.

Hannes Worst

• user
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:44 pm »

I have reinstalled VL-Light 7.2. rc2 on my old Dell SX optiplex 270 machine. I will wait with updating until the final version comes out. Thank you very much. It's running smoothly.  :)

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 02:16:26 pm »

Thanks for testing.  Keep posting any issues you come into.