VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL 7.2B1  (Read 192 times)

StrayBit

• Vectorite
VL 7.2B1
« on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:47 pm »

I don;t know where this should go but this seemed the closest.
The gui installer still doesn't like my flat screen monitor so I can.t test that.  The text install went smoothly.
I spent a lot of time but still haven't been able to get my USB Wireless dongle to work.  (This is in another post.)
Then I went to work on WordPress.  Unlike previous VL versions, when using Super Thunar, I navigate to the wp-admin directory and click on any of the .php files, the browser started open new tabs - almost as fast as it can.  Even after closing the browser, it still keeps opening browser tabs untill I navigate out of the WordPress directory.
Then I started re-reading my older posts on the subject and it finally sunk into the block of concrete on my shoulders, started setting up httpd and will continue that as I get time.  At the time, someone mentioned that it worked right out of the box.  I finally realized that they got a prepackaged application.  I need to set it up on my system (with a local server) to see if it will do what I want.
So far, every thing else seems to be working.  This is much friendlier than the previous 7 series.  Thanks to all that had a hand with it.
Dell GX280: 7.1-Gold 32 bit
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0