VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL 7.1 Light, Vasm does not have HW option, vkmapset does not work either  (Read 571 times)

markusloew

• user

Hello All,
Yesterday I installed VL 7.1 Light on an old, slow PC. I am surprised by its performance. But I use a French keyboard, and the two methods I found, do not work.

When installing i was not asked what keyboard I am using.
After installation I tried vkmapset which ended with the error message, showing line numbers 57,58 ?, saying that some functions are not present. I assume that it is a bad script, Python or what else.
After some more reading I found VasmCC, but which is not supplied in the Light version. So i tried Vasm. It shows some options to choose from, but the one I need is not present: Hardware Configuration.

What shall i do?

markusloew

• user
Re: VL 7.1 Light, Vasm does not have HW option, vkmapset does not work either
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED! Sorry for having bothered you. vkmapset works, inspite the fact that it ends with an error message. The clue is, that I had to enter a digit '1' in the very first position of the keyboard test field. This really modifies the keyboard map.