VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vectorlinux 7.2 final has been released  (Read 3443 times)

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
Re: Vectorlinux 7.2 final has been released
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 11:43:39 pm »

According to all documentation I could find, and animated conversation with those directly involved with the gnupg project, the commands needed are as follows:
Code: [Select]
Not a typo. Seriously, "do nothing" was the only answer offered, and it was repeatedly reiterated. And yes, that's when transition from 1.4/2.0 to "modern" 2.1/2.2 was included.

I don't buy it, either. But just copy ~/.gnupg over and see if it "just works". When it doesn't, you can try posting back. The gpg and libgcrypt versions reported by gpg --version might help, but I doubt it.

It's very seriously scary to have so much data locked in for so many users with so little documentation available, most of what's there wrong, and most of all so little sense, or, frankly, ability exhibited by the GnuPG project. None of this would have become an issue at all if they knew what versioning or planning are at all, or at least had a vague idea of what "upgrade path" might mean.

Hope it works as advertised for you, because after that there is only straight-up guesswork and trial-and-error. Nothing else is available.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:46:17 pm by roarde »
Robert

vincent2

• Vectorite
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:11 pm »

not work at all...
gpg --list-secret-keys
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/home/vl72rc31/.gnupg'

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 04:19:32 am »

Web search indicates that GnuPG enforces private ownership of the folder and some files for security reasons:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/330755/unsafe-permissions-on-configuration-file-home-david-gnupg-gpg-conf-what-doe

vincent2

• Vectorite
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 09:14:53 am »

just trying to install  multibootusb (multibootusb.org)  on vl7.2 std 64 ,directly  compiled from source and install, but failed  to run.....

multibootusb 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./multibootusb", line 164, in <module>
    if config.debug is True:
NameError: name 'config' is not defined

how to fix? or still missing some dependencies of python?

ronnyquest

• Traveller Downport
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 11:59:00 pm »

I installed this last night on my Gateway netbook.  It runs flawlessly, naturally, and the computer feels like a new machine.  Good job.
Compaq Presario 900Z (AMD Athlon MP, 1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 30 GB HDD) - VL 7.2 Standard
Gateway Laptop (Celeron M 1.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD) - VL 7.2
2 x Homebrew PCs (AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4096MB RAM, 500 GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon HD 5700, ASUS M4A79XTD EVO) - VL 7.2-64
Pages: 1 2 [3]