VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Vectorlinux 7.2 in Virtualbox  (Read 904 times)

vmonev

• user
Vectorlinux 7.2 in Virtualbox
« on: September 30, 2017, 11:54:23 am »

Hallo!

I have just installed Vectorlinux in Virtualbox. There is no full size screen available - maximal size of the display is 1024x768. Not 1280x1024.
I have tried to install Virtualbox Additians, but there was a failure - "The headers for the current running kernel were not found".
The question - how can I install the missing headers. The system is VL-7.2-STD-FINAL (32 bit)?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Vectorlinux 7.2 in Virtualbox
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

You need to install some of the kernel sources first. Search gslapt for "stripped-src".

vmonev

• user
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:20:01 am »

You need to install some of the kernel sources first. Search gslapt for "stripped-src".

Thank you. There are three ones in Gslapt as pictured. What's to do next? Shall I try --ignore-excludes?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 05:47:24 am »

You need to use the one for your installed kernel. If you're using the final VL 7.2 version, it will be version 4.4. Check by using command "uname -a" in a terminal.

Staying in the terminal, become root by command "su" and enter your root password. Next, "slapt-get -u" and then "slapt-get -i kernel4.4-stripped-src". That will do the job faster and easier.  ;D

vmonev

• user
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 08:51:21 am »

You need to use the one for your installed kernel. If you're using the final VL 7.2 version, it will be version 4.4. Check by using command "uname -a" in a terminal.

Staying in the terminal, become root by command "su" and enter your root password. Next, "slapt-get -u" and then "slapt-get -i kernel4.4-stripped-src". That will do the job faster and easier.  ;D

Thanks a lot! It worked fine. Now there is a full sized display. Next time will install on a real pc  :).

Victor, Bulgaria