VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Barking Issue  (Read 1056 times)

itsalex

• user
Barking Issue
« on: March 11, 2018, 08:47:24 pm »

I hope that someone can be out in eliminating the excessive howling and barking behavior of my Siberian Husky. It’s not just me who’s having a hard time dealing with it, as one of the neighbors complain about it. I am thinking of using a shock collar, but I am so afraid that it will create a negative impact on my dog. Now I need some advice on how to properly use this product?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:38:25 pm by itsalex »

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Barking Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:04:41 am »

Excessive barking usually comes from a dog being neglected. This isn't a dog issue. It's a owner issue.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

itsalex

• user
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:58 pm »

Excessive barking usually comes from a dog being neglected. This isn't a dog issue. It's an owner issue.

I guess you are right, I need to exert some effort without using the said product. Thank you.

roarde

• Vectorian
  • it's enough
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:24:48 pm »

Huskies are particularly vocal, especially howling. A great deal of exercise and especially play can reduce the noise a lot, but it's never going to go away. The breed needs more of everything than the average pet dog, including space and human attention. Triple the attention requirement if this is the only large dog you have. Nothing replaces the space.
Robert