Author Topic: All good things  (Read 741 times)

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
All good things
« on: June 19, 2020, 09:03:17 am »
In the mid noughties, after years of distro-hopping, I found Vectorlinux 5.0 SOHO. It was easy on resources, fast and had everything I needed. However, it was the community around it that really agreed with me. People in the forum were so friendly and helpful. I settled down.

As I learned more and more, my forum activity shifted from asking for help to offering it. After a while I was invited to help with development, which accelerated my learning even further.

I have fond memories of spirited discussions and threads on the forum as well as on IRC. During our collaborations I got to know some great people. You are still my friends.

We had a good run. We had a lot of fun. We made something great. It was awesome. Thank you to everyone who were a part of it.

Roy

Lyn

• Vectorian
Re: All good things
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 03:45:24 am »
I second that, I have loved this distro, I will be very sad to see it go, it was ground breaking - VASM was great, it was light, it was simple, it was responsive, the community was great..... its a shame its looks as if it will be soon joining Libranet and other great distros that were once with us and are now no more.   I have to say that the implementation of IceWM was one of the best I have seen.