VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Send my Mail via G-mail  (Read 1278 times)

clemkonan

Send my Mail via G-mail
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:38:16 pm »

How can I make gmail my default client in vL?  I found that neat plug in on the tool bar  but I do not know how to use it. If I find a good page and I want to use it at work I typically send it as a link or as a page and my system is set to automatically bring up Gmail. With VL I want the same utility.

If its not  the tray plug in I would also still appreciate a quick example of how that works

Thanks again VL is food  for the soul, great stuff.

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: Send my Mail via G-mail
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:10 am »

file:///usr/share/xfce4/doc/C/xfce4-mailwatch-plugin.html#mailwatch-mailbox-gmail
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

clemkonan

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:27:36 pm »

Thanks it gives me access to Gmail but if want to send a page as an e-mail gmail does not pop up

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:55:59 pm »

Thanks it gives me access to Gmail but if want to send a page as an e-mail gmail does not pop up
First of all, if the page is a link within your browser you need to set up your browser preferences properly. Usually, Tools, Preferences (or Options), and then select the appropriate link to Gmail for "mailto:".

Otherwise if you are using VL5.9, go to Settings, Preferred Applications, Mail Reader, Other and type a full pathname to gmail, via your browser - such as "firefox http://www.gmail.com".
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll