VectorLinux
August 30, 2014, 12:16:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Send my Mail via G-mail  (Read 1137 times)
clemkonan

« on: January 20, 2008, 07:38:16 pm »

How can I make gmail my default client in vL?  I found that neat plug in on the tool bar  but I do not know how to use it. If I find a good page and I want to use it at work I typically send it as a link or as a page and my system is set to automatically bring up Gmail. With VL I want the same utility.

If its not  the tray plug in I would also still appreciate a quick example of how that works

Thanks again VL is food  for the soul, great stuff.

lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:10 am »

file:///usr/share/xfce4/doc/C/xfce4-mailwatch-plugin.html#mailwatch-mailbox-gmail

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
clemkonan

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:27:36 pm »

Thanks it gives me access to Gmail but if want to send a page as an e-mail gmail does not pop up
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:55:59 pm »

Thanks it gives me access to Gmail but if want to send a page as an e-mail gmail does not pop up
First of all, if the page is a link within your browser you need to set up your browser preferences properly. Usually, Tools, Preferences (or Options), and then select the appropriate link to Gmail for "mailto:".

Otherwise if you are using VL5.9, go to Settings, Preferred Applications, Mail Reader, Other and type a full pathname to gmail, via your browser - such as "firefox http://www.gmail.com".

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: