VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HOW TO BUILD PACKAGES FOR THE VL REPOSITORY  (Read 28712 times)

orasis

Re: HOW TO BUILD PACKAGES FOR THE VL REPOSITORY
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 06:28:18 pm »

The links to the info on creating 'virtual/systems/hosts' are broken and or dead... perhaps you could update them?  :)

edwinsage

• formerly KamikaziFreak
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 11:02:57 am »

I'm interested in attempting some packaging for VL 7.1.  Is the basic information here still applicable?  Is the main tool still checkinstall?  Should I be telling it to strip binaries, or is there some config file for VL that specifies that for me, or doesn't VL do that?

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 11:11:15 am »

Our method has changed a lot since this was created.  The majority of our work is now done on BitBucket via Buildbot and slaves.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 07:24:23 pm »

Play with 'sbbuilder'. It's a perl script, so "help" is "--manual" as in:  sbbuilder --manual | less

It's better by far to test-build from your script locally, but packages aren't what's uploaded anymore; the build scripts, etc. that end up in <package name>/src are.

The most recent thread in Packager Training and Help describes how to set up a local build environment that's nearly identical  to the buildbot itself. The main difference is that you'll need to install build dependencies locally, while the bot installs anything listed in MAKEDEPENDS on its own.

Thanks for asking about this. The Packager Training and Help area is not much used, but was created after the switch to the new build system -- so there's little stale info there, if any. It's the best place to ask anything related to packaging procedure.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light
Pages: 1 [2]