VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 05:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: SuperGamer-VL  (Read 14395 times)
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: April 04, 2007, 11:24:14 am »

There's a new SuperGamer liveDVD based on VectorLinux. We have a beta almost ready, but we are in need of a few good people who would be interested in helping us seed it with bit torrent. If you can spare some of your upload bandwidth, and wouldn't mind seeding for a while... we would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advanced...
                                                                                                                                                              Masta
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:53:17 am »

Great to hear that!
Could you(or darin) post a list with the available games there?
(I'm crossing my fingers for armagetron advanced to be in)

seeders++;

Darin

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 04:24:20 pm »

based off of 5.8 standard with the addition of the nvidia 9631 drivers in this beta...

Big 3d Games: Americas Army, Doom 3, Enemy Territory, Nexuiz, Postal 2, Quake 4, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal Tournament 2004, True Combat

Games from Repo: BZFlag, Chromium, GL-117, Glaxium, NeverBall, NeverPutt, PPRacer

I can add a few more but we are still in testing...
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 04:53:26 pm »

Thats a pretty sweet game lineup!
Sounds like it gonna be fun  Smiley

Darin

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:27:42 pm »

to keep people informed....yes we do have an iso...yes it's pretty far along in the development cycle...now for where we stand...since we already have a test iso that works like it is suppose to with nvidia drivers pre-installed we are going to attempt the original goal...one iso with both ati and nvidia drivers being loaded with the user picking what driver they desire..once we get that done I will start the update process to use a newer kernel than the standard as well as updating the linux-live scripts and probably going to change over to xorg 7.2 in a future update...but yes things are extremely close and we will need seeds to help us out...the original release brought down tuxmachines with the interest Smiley......I have talked to a few review people I know like the moddingden and Susan as well as Karlie to get them prepared for the the release of this beast
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:41:54 pm »

....one iso with both ati and nvidia drivers being loaded with the user picking what driver they desire..

Cool. But you will have to have a series of packages built and available with the various legacy drivers for the various cards...a fair amount of work! I commend you!

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Darin

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 06:18:12 pm »

I am thinking of only needing 4 packages...old nvidia legacy (7184), new nvidia (9755)

ant the ati files for new and old support...also will put in a series support telling the 9755 is for gforce4+ cards
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 06:44:09 pm »

I hate to be a party pooper, but I intended this post to find volunteers for seeding. Some of the information that's posted in here should really go onto the original SG forum. That way everything SG related directly is in one place, and everyone doesn't have to jump around from forum to forum, trying to find answers if they need something. Thanks for understanding guys n gals Smiley
Darin

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 05:16:05 am »

http://supergamer.org/forum/

these are the forums everyone...sorry masta Smiley
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 08:40:24 am »

I am thinking of only needing 4 packages...old nvidia legacy (7184), new nvidia (9755)

ant the ati files for new and old support...also will put in a series support telling the 9755 is for gforce4+ cards

You may only need 3 since the older ATI cards seem to be supported well by Xorg.
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 09:41:59 am »

You may only need 3 since the older ATI cards seem to be supported well by Xorg.

Yep, I'm able to get direct rendering and 1500 fps out of glxgears with an "old" Radeon 9250 using the "radeon" module in xorg 7.1.

rabid0

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 02:56:43 am »

I will help seed, put me down for 1 Mbit/sec up or so if that helps Wink

Part of the BT Collective/Resistance is futile

oooooo True Combat......I'm a TC'er from wayback, are you refering to q3TC or TCE though ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:23:37 am by RabidWolf » Logged

Linux Registered User #445510
Darin

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »

true combat elite
DrCR
Vectorite

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 08:20:28 pm »

Sweet action. As interested in your repository as I am the distro.  Wink Cheesy

You can count me in at 30-40Mb/s in the evenings. Always do that for distros for a week or so and hard-to-finds get extended support.

Got to check out your site to answer some of the questions I have....

Best Wishes with your distro!
DrCR

Edit: No release after all?

On the side, new logo needed. Perhaps a remake of one of the 'rambo' Tuxes or maybe something as a tribute to the distro's Vector base?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:47:33 pm by DrCR » Logged
Darin

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 05:07:36 am »

yes there is a beta version and we are keeping the testers short until the next iso which should have support for both ati and nvidia out of the box
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: