VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: VectorLinux 7.2 Alpha Build - TESTERS NEEDED!  (Read 14897 times)

sidoko

• user
Re: VectorLinux 7.2 Alpha Build - TESTERS NEEDED!
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2016, 03:10:32 am »

UPDATE
Version A1.4 has been built is now available for testing.

On this build, look for the following:

* Linux kernel has been update to LTS 4.4.9
* Hibernate button is back to logout dialog.  Default settings hibernate to swap, so if you add a swap partition at install time, you should be able to hibernate your machine.

[...]

Enjoy ;)

Cool stuff wigums! Thank you for telling us! ;-)
4.4.9? Nice, I tried on Xubuntu, but it was a mess...

I installed on virtualbox and on my Laptop, everything works fine, even the lousy bcm-WLAN-Card AND it hibernates so fast and restarting takes less than 10 sec.!! Well done work!

BUT, I have a little problem that resides anywhere since 7.1 and I can't find it:
I set everything up for german locale but I cant get the login to the right charset, it keeps its english preset.
To clearify in my humbly english, typing in Z and Y are switched, ü, ö and ä does not exist and the login environment does not save the language settings, every start is is reset to (english/canada).

I made the systems autologin as a workaround, but if I logout the problem pops up again, I realise after 3 denied tries to login and it is something else than secure... :-(

Where do I have to look to solve this little problem?

sidoko

• user
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

Nothing new?  :-\
I hope you'll find the problem and kick me in the right direction to solve it for me and future noobs...  ;)

StrayBit

• Vectorite
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2016, 11:54:10 am »

wigums:  I used to have at least 6 partitions that I could boot into (VL5.9, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1, DOS/FREEDOS, and win98 as well as a test partion).  Unfortunately I clobbered at least two of them installing 7.2RC.  (or was it Slack 14.1?)  Have been unable to play with Vector last winter and spring.
Dell GX280: 7.1-Gold 32 bit
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
Gateway LT200 Win XP dead!

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2016, 10:22:07 am »

Nothing new?  :-\
I hope you'll find the problem and kick me in the right direction to solve it for me and future noobs...  ;)
I take it you're talking about language setup here. Vasm-legacy has been updated to put locale setting back on its menu, but your version may not have that yet. That's OK; all versions will let you run it without the menu.
Set the keyboard up first:
Code: [Select]
su root /sbin/vkmapsetEnter root password when prompted, then follow the menu. There is a message that this sets only the console keyboard. That is incorrect, it sets both. I'll be fixing that in later releases.

Pick a locale and character set:
Code: [Select]
su root /sbin/vlocalesetSame process as above. I assume you're looking for de_DE.utf8, but there are other options.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]