VectorLinux
August 23, 2014, 05:02:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL7.1 STD feedback and suggestions.  (Read 8472 times)
caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »

on my netbook (32-bit VL 7.1) with the testing repository enabled
Now slapt-get --update fails if the testing repository is enabled.  I checked it, and the package list is missing, which is the error I'm seeing.  Without testing it runs but I still have unmet dependencies.

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 05:55:57 pm »

At present the 7.1 testing repository isn't used, and it looks like it will remain that way through the release cycle. This is an intended change; later RC's ship without the http version of the testing repo even mentioned in slapt-getrc. The untested repo is there, but commented out in such a way that it can be uncommented only by direct edit -- not via GSlapt. I assume that's also intentional because the rest of the disabled repos have the "#DISABLED" tag that GSlapt latches onto.

The 7.1 testing repo is empty. Note that this does not apply to 70 which still uses testing.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »

One issue about the current development model is the the repository is in constant movement. Using untested is likely to produce errors: the package list changes quickly and it is regenerated after each new build. I think the same applies for the testing repository at osuosl. We will have to adapt and improve as we go.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2014, 02:16:17 am »

just installed vl64-7.1 rc2.2.5, install process went smoothly....

strangely, wifi 's connected, have ip address,but couldn't ping, nslookup at all...even can't ping  router  as well...

any command to fix it UP?
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:48 am »

If you have an ip address that is in the proper subnet.

Then there are only two areas to check.

Make sure using iwconfig that the connection is associated with the AP,

next make sure the routing is correct. As root route -n will show the
routing table.

Bigpaws
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:50 am »

It appears there was a security advisory on the dhcpcd package which triggered a rebuild of our package.  The resulting package is being fixed now...  The Next ISO will have a fixed package.  In the mean time, you can revert to this p ackage

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/VL64-7.1/packages/Sbin/dhcpcd-5.6.7-x86_64-2vl71.txz

or wait for the new package on untested and install it on your 2.2.5 installations.

Remember to removepkg dhcpcd first or run upgradepkg /path/to/your/downloaded/dhcpcd-5.6.7-x86_64-2vl71.txz to replace the existing package

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: