Good evening fellow Vectorites,
I must say, it has been a while; just no time to play these days.
I'm loving the way SOHO is shaping up. I really love the new icon, kudos to whomever the designer is.
I do have a few little things I've run into with the limited time I've been testing it:
1) When you choose GRUB as a boot loader, all future references point to LILO, especially the part about rebooting at the end.
2) When it's time to set the Time Zone, can we fix scroll indicator? Right now it's pretty broken which makes it very confusing when you're trying to set your timezone. I know I'm paging up for quite some time to get to US/Mountain and the whole time it's showing that I'm at the top of the choices. Also, I haven't checked, but are the changes to US Daylights Savings Time in V5.8SOHO?
3) In setting the partitions for various folders, i.e. /home, /usr, /opt, etc. you may set a second hard drive to one except for the Windows/Linux mount. I always get an error of no more partitions are available.
4) Perhaps instead of using the logo during the boot up going across we can use colored orbs? Say going from Red to Green or something else that seems to show you are "charged and ready to go?" My fear is that our beautiful icon will be overused and lose its value.
5) This is more of a personal observation than anything, and I mean no offense by it. In my most humble opinion, the SeaMonkey icon looks like a merger of a "pregnant Firefox" with an anorexic Thunderbird. In fact, I was scared to click it and see what I would get. It made sense after I opened SeaMonkey, but it seemed like a bit of a wild card.
Great job everyone who is working on this excellent edition. I only hope things will calm down so that I may play more.
On a side note, I saw the name thread and am lacking the time to contribute, but if I were to christen Vector 5.8 SOHO, it would be Vector Complete 5.8. Simple, clean, accurate, what more could you ask for?