VectorLinux
December 19, 2014, 11:38:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: VL pre-installed  (Read 50065 times)
never_stop_learning
Vectorite

« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2007, 03:52:19 pm »

Never to late to join. SQI appears to be an interesting solution.

The type of solution that is being looked at something that can be
autonomous, as you noted. Also something that can will be able to
stand the test of time. There are a couple we programs that are being
evaluated. One being Request Tracker and Trellis Desk. Both are actively
developed and customizable.

A comparison would be appreciated. Any other suggestions are more than
welcome.

Bigpaws

Thank you, Bigpaws. I'll ask our resident techies to look at Request Tracker and Trellis Desk.

Laptop: IBM X60s (Centrino/Duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Netbook: HP Mini (Intel Atom 1ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb SSD + 8gb flash ) VL 6.0 Std
Desktop: Dell Dimension 5150 (P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Wife's Desktop: Gateway (P4 2ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
sqijeff

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:55 am »

Hi. I am the founder of SQI Inc. We  are an on-demand solutions provider (SaaS) for the support infrastructure at the Client Interface Environment (CIE). Or core strategy is to establish a new value point by being an open source integrator.

As part of my commitment to the open source community I would like to offer to host your support site at no charge.

btw. The Incident Manager part of CIE is RT with extensions. The Knowledge Hub parts are Moinmoin and the search engine is Apache Lucene. All are integrated with our AppBus technology.

Let me know if you are interested. I can setup an evaluation site if you want to move forward.

I any event, it is great to see such a dedicated and active community pushing open source technology.

Jeff
www.sqi-inc.com

metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2007, 11:58:55 am »

Hello:
Were do we sign....!!
Thanks very much, as in very much... there are 2 + members evaluating things now. I will make certain they see this.
thxs
Regards
Darrell

Knowledge is Power, share it.
Be the change you want to see in the World
never_stop_learning
Vectorite

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2007, 12:46:46 pm »

Hi. I am the founder of SQI Inc. We  are an on-demand solutions provider (SaaS) for the support infrastructure at the Client Interface Environment (CIE). Or core strategy is to establish a new value point by being an open source integrator.

As part of my commitment to the open source community I would like to offer to host your support site at no charge.

btw. The Incident Manager part of CIE is RT with extensions. The Knowledge Hub parts are Moinmoin and the search engine is Apache Lucene. All are integrated with our AppBus technology.

Let me know if you are interested. I can setup an evaluation site if you want to move forward.

I any event, it is great to see such a dedicated and active community pushing open source technology.

Jeff
www.sqi-inc.com

Thank you, Jeff.....

David

Laptop: IBM X60s (Centrino/Duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Netbook: HP Mini (Intel Atom 1ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb SSD + 8gb flash ) VL 6.0 Std
Desktop: Dell Dimension 5150 (P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Wife's Desktop: Gateway (P4 2ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2007, 05:51:01 pm »

Ok, the counter issue is solved with trellis 6 and a little tweak on the script, I guess this mark as done the "disallow access for expired accounts" feature. I move in to the cache issue. I guess the gateaway will be next and last to do a final evaluation over trellis desk. I have no much hope on this because we need to touch the madtux system or the paypal one as exeter suggested. Is possible a script takes data form an email? I guess that could be a way to automate this. Trellis has the option of manual validating an acoount by an admin or staff member, I guess we can ask for the user to register himself in order to activate his support account, and then manually validate the request once we check the payment.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2007, 09:19:01 pm »

rbistolfi:
Could you please have a look at the thread by sqijeff above and see what is being offerd. I think it is a excellent offer. Could you let me know your thoughts.
regards
Darrell

uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2007, 06:32:56 am »

the sqi system looks good to me.
I think we need to give it at least a demo run.
Uelsk8s
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2007, 09:55:17 am »

I saw the thread and the site, and looks nice. I thougth we was not looking for an on-demand system. The overviews in the site looks good. I cant say any else because there is no demo or something like that. I understand is a paid service so, if we can pay it, lets try it. I am able to test it and give my point of view if is needed.

the sqi system looks good to me.
I think we need to give it at least a demo run.
Uelsk8s

I think is a great idea, whatever would be the final choice, to do a demo run with the staff, and a few members of this forum could act as "customers", so we can see how the hole thing will work.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2007, 10:17:38 am »

I will ask Jeff at SQI, to set that up. I look forward to this. Thanks for all the effort by rbistolfi and bigpaws to keep this effort alive. What a team!! It is little wonder we are were we are with VL.
regards
Darrell

metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2007, 09:07:42 am »

Hello All;
I will be calling Jeff at sqi-inc in reno Nevada at 10 am there time to discuss this opportunity for VL. If anyone has any questions they want me to ask, please post them here.will report back after that call as to were we are.
Regards
Darrell

metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2007, 09:12:06 am »

sorry that is I will be calling on Friday June 1st at 10 am there time in Reno Nevada. That is noon my time.
Regards
Darrell

LLL
Global Moderator
Vectorite

The sun is shining...

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2007, 07:53:02 pm »

Thanks for the updates metvas. Posting this message to let you know at least one of us (likely many more) is following along.

LLL

Lost & Lovin' Linux...living on:
VectorLinux 6.0 with XFCE on Thinkpad T43p (2.13 GHz | 2GB | 60GB)
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:29 pm »

Thanks for the updates metvas. Posting this message to let you know at least one of us (likely many more) is following along.

LLL
Me too...

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
nubcnubdo
Vectorian

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55:19 pm »

Just checking your ads at MadTux, for the VL-100 and VL-330. I guess I can understand why you don't have a link to VL's home page, but I wonder why you can't promote the great qualities of Vector Linux in the ad copy. Like VL being lightning fast, doing everything out of the box, and being rock-solid stable. Will you be giving the buyer a copy of the VL install CD? If so, it isn't clear that you will do so. Maybe get a facsimile of the VL CD available thru CD Store, presumably with Masta's artwork, and display that on the page, in the same manner that MadTux displays Ubuntu and Suse CDs with other models it sells.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:10:22 pm by nubcnubdo » Logged
metvas
Vectorite

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2007, 09:32:18 pm »

Good Points. I have masta's work but we are using our origonal label now due to time constraints when we released. I will ask Madtux about that.
Regards
Darrell

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: