VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Webtest is ME! An OLD Hacker! Wish I had an AVATAR ???  (Read 92 times)

Webtest

• OLD hacker - started on a VACUUM TUBE Bendix G15 !
Webtest is ME! An OLD Hacker! Wish I had an AVATAR ???
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »

Esteemed Forum Participants and Lurkers:
===============================
I'm and OLD Hacker ... started with a VACUUM TUBE Bendix G15.  I'm active in Linux Mint circles running exclusively LOCKED LiveMedia systems (NO HARD DRIVE!).  That way I never have to worry about malware corrupting my system.  I have an Avatar that I normally use, but I can't upload it on this forum ??  It is a JPEG, 5210 bytes, but I keep getting the following error message:
The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile:
    The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar.

I looked at a few other avatars ... JPEG, PNG, GIF, some as large as 8kb - what's wrong with mine?

This is my first post to Vector Linux! Thanks for any and all comments, suggestions, and assistance ...
Blessings in abundance, all the best, & ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle, PA USA
================================
Running Mint LiveMedia 13/15/17.2 64-bit Mate on LOCKED USB Kanguru drives and LOCKED SD cards.

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Webtest is ME! An OLD Hacker! Wish I had an AVATAR ???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:47:08 am »

What are the physical dimensions of the image? That may be what the "size" issue is referring to.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz