VectorLinux
December 19, 2014, 02:24:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 070430 - Mirage image viewer  (Read 7791 times)
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« on: April 30, 2007, 05:43:55 am »

Blurymind has package the Mirage image viewer, and it available for download in the testing repo:

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.8/testing/x-apps/mirage-0.8.3-i686-4vl58.tlz

Code:
mirage: A fast and simple GTK+ image viewer.
mirage:
mirage: It supports animated gif files and has Custom actions
mirage: menu assignment simular to thunar's..
mirage:
mirage: homepage: http://mirageiv.berlios.de
mirage: license: GPL
mirage:
mirage: Package Created By: Blurymind
mirage:
mirage:

Post feedback about this package here.

LLL
Global Moderator
Vectorite

The sun is shining...

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:02 pm »

Working here: Installed, menu-entry generated automagically, and the app is up and running.

Is it just me, or does Mirage load images faster than GQView? Miss the side-bar thumbnails though...

Thanks for the chance to choose, blury! Smiley

LLL

Lost & Lovin' Linux...living on:
VectorLinux 6.0 with XFCE on Thinkpad T43p (2.13 GHz | 2GB | 60GB)
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:30:09 am »

i really missed having animated gifs work on vec... Grin and the assign custom actions feature is very powerfull when combined with imagemagick... but gqview does load faster (at least for me) and has some advance features that do earn it the position of a default image viewer.  Smiley I just set mirage to open gif files as default. im glad you liked it..

status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 04:07:44 am »

Well, it seems to be working fine to it has been moved to extra/  Smiley

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 03:49:13 pm »

I liked it because open the image with "fit on screen" by default. I like gqview but I am too lazy to press x every time. A pro for gqview is the easy access to other pictures on the same folder, as LLL said it. I tryed to make a custom action to use the -r flag for mirage with no results... too lazy for scripting too  Grin

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 04:16:05 pm »

I liked it because open the image with "fit on screen" by default. I like gqview but I am too lazy to press x every time. A pro for gqview is the easy access to other pictures on the same folder, as LLL said it.

You can make your image fit to screen by default in GQview. Do Edit menu, Preferences, Image tab, select Fit Image to Window under "When new image is selected." Or did you mean something different?
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:18:44 pm »

I liked it because open the image with "fit on screen" by default. I like gqview but I am too lazy to press x every time. A pro for gqview is the easy access to other pictures on the same folder, as LLL said it. I tryed to make a custom action to use the -r flag for mirage with no results... too lazy for scripting too  Grin

GrannyGeek beat me to the punch

You can change gqview's behavior in the preferences:

• Edit
  • Preferences (à la Nutscrape)
  • Image tab
  • When new image is selected: Fit image to window

I don't understand the other part. What are you trying to do, add mirage -r as an action for Thunar?

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:34:56 pm »

You can change gqview's behavior in the preferences:

* Edit
    * Preferences (à la Nutscrape)
    * Image tab
    * When new image is selected: Fit image to window

@hanu and Granny: Great! I will do that, looks like i am too lazy to investigate too... Embarrassed
Thank you

I don't understand the other part. What are you trying to do, add mirage -r as an action for Thunar?
Yes. Just for fun, is not a big deal, I was trying to make a custom action for thunar. When you clik on a photo, mirage could open the hole folder (so the next/previous buttons are avaible to navigate the folder).
I dont know why I thougth this could be fun  Huh Please dont waste any time on it
Too late in Buenos Aires to stay with this, I'll see you tomorrow (there is no sleepy face for this forum  Angry )
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:48:49 pm by rbistolfi » Logged

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:51:44 pm »

I don't think you want the -R option, because that adds all the image files in the subdirectories. Do you want something like this?

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 07:01:10 am »

no, I was thinking about the -R option, so I can have easy access to other photos in the same dir (the -R add subdirectories and the other images in the same directorie, I am more interested in the last feature). But, seriously man, is not a big deal, and gqview is working great after the tweaks you suggested.
Thanks a lot!

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 07:25:56 pm »

no, I was thinking about the -R option, so I can have easy access to other photos in the same dir (the -R add subdirectories and the other images in the same directorie, I am more interested in the last feature). But, seriously man, is not a big deal, and gqview is working great after the tweaks you suggested.
Thanks a lot!

Welll...which one do you like more: gqview or mirage?

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 01:29:40 pm »

Gqview, now is well configured. You have easy access to other pictures of the same or other folder, is quick, and have easy access to the gimp too. And thanks to you and Granny, I dont need to press x each time  Grin

--
Jumalauta!!
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 01:35:53 pm »

you can set mirage to browse all pictures from a directory. Go to edit>preferences>behaviour> and check "Load all images in current directory"

it uses some "smart preloading mode" while opening new images as default something.. Kiss

hanu>very cool desktop.  Smiley  using imagemagick i see.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:21:00 am by blurymind » Logged

status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 08:10:12 am »

thanks blury, I already discovered that one a few days ago, I learned from my experience...

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 01:50:48 am »

hanu>very cool desktop.  Smiley  using imagemagick i see.

Actually, you'll have to ask ImageShack if they use ImageMagick, because that's a raw screenshot I gave to them.

EDIT: I got it later.  Embarrassed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: