VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: mcs manager slowing things  (Read 3217 times)

Pita

• Vectorian
mcs manager slowing things
« on: May 13, 2007, 11:58:24 pm »

Is anybody else somewhat annoyed by the slowness of files coming up with zenity in xfce4 which is used by a number of programs. It is especially irritating when one has to attach several files to an e-mail.

I found a way around, just kill the xfce-mcs-manager. That does away with some pretty icons, however, speeds things up considerably.

If needed again just start xfce-mcs-manager once more. I put those kill and start commands in a launcher on the panel.

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
Re: mcs manager slowing things
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:08:16 am »

Perhaps the MCS Manager itself isn't at fault. Maybe just the settings it's imposing.

If you're using Xfce4, it's basically an essential thing to have. Perhaps better to work inside the system, as it were.
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months

Pita

• Vectorian
Re: mcs manager slowing things
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:51 am »

I am using fluxbox with the xfce4-panel. Such a setup excludes the xfce-mcs-manager. On occasions I use the gnome-panel or to change venue give nautilus command in xterm. w/o the xfce-mcs-manager then the icons are rendered just basic. No pretty waste basket, etc.