VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 854 times)

mikey62

• user
Crashes
« on: March 13, 2016, 05:24:46 pm »

I find that SMPlayer crashes when I attempt to alter preferences.  This doesn't happen all the time; only with certain preferences, such as enabling frame drop.  I have found a similar problem with Ktorrent.  Also, there is no sound with DVD's in SMPlayer, although Gnome MPlayer works well with DVD. 

There are one or two other problems; notably, the file browser sometimes crashes when copying and pasting files.

Does anyone else have similar problems?  I'd be interested to find out.  To be fair, these are relatively minor flaws in the operating system, which generally works well.  I'm running Vector 7.1 Standard and I really like it.

Thanks.

Interestingly, I made some progress with this by installing the KDE desktop.  I was able to alter the preferences in SMPlayer of Ktorrrent and there were no crashes.  The sound problem with DVD's in SMPlayer was solved by changing the audio and video inputs.  I like Vector and I feel I am learning a lot from it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:25:34 am by mikey62 »