VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 09:53:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL introducing me to Slackware  (Read 2566 times)
ejectavl

« on: May 18, 2007, 09:28:47 pm »

I remember my very first experience with linux was slackware 3.1 or so (been a long time ago).  Never did get X working right and didn't figure out how to set up ppp dial-in etc.  Since then I've used Mandrake, Suse, and currently Debian.  Even though I know my early experiences with slackware were more my own lack of understanding, I've still had a bit of a time getting myself to try it again.  That is, until I stumbled upon Vector...  Working fine on an old compaq someone gave me and almost on my compaq laptop.  Just need to get wireless working, dvd's playing, and sound working.  (all work with other distro's i've installed on it)

Anyway, thanks for a very good distro based on slackware.  I'm looking forward to learning YA Linux distro...

Mike..

mymarkers

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:18:34 am »

Welcome to Vector Linux. I've never used Slackware myself, but I've been through a long list of distributions. I haven't been this happy with my computer since my tangerine iMac running MacOS 8.6.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:45:24 am »

Hi!!, things are more easy now than 3.1 times, I hope you enjoy VL!
Welcome to the forum.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: