VectorLinux
July 26, 2014, 04:47:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to correct a defected VL.iso (md5sums mismatch)?  (Read 2573 times)
VGR

« on: May 19, 2007, 07:34:31 am »

Greeting to all!
Being quite a fan of Vector, I couldn't neglect the opportunity to download the latest SOHO release.
But, as I got it, I found out that the my md5sum doesn't match to the one at the server.
All my tryings to rsync' it by "rsync -avp" didn't do any good - the md5sum didn't change.
Here is the syntax of the command I hava tried to use:
[codebox]
$ cd /home/iso/
$ rsync -avP ftp.ibiblio.org::pub/Linux/distributions/vectorlinux/veclinux-5.8/iso-release/VL5.8-SOHO-final.iso ./VL5.8-SOHO-final.iso
[/codebox]
is there anything wrong? and then what should be the correct way of updaing the broken ISO?
Thanks!!
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:33:27 pm »

That's a new one to me; using rsync to modify the .iso. I have always just downloaded the .iso again. (I say "always" when I can only remember having the .iso not match the md5 once.)

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
VGR

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:33:12 pm »

Thank you for the answer (and also I'm glad to hear a Proverbs man here).
rsync -avP has been an excellent way of fixing the broken iso's through inet (i.e., Debian's iso). Sometimes it happens when I transfer the partially dowlloaded from one machine to another (though that's an external ext3 HDD, sometimes there happens something).
And also, AFAIK, I'm the not only one that has been fixing the broken ISO's by rsync this way....Wink
VGR

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:28:07 pm »

well, I have dowloaded it anew (this time I did it by kget), and now it works.
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:27:23 am »

Excellent...I believe that VL is worth the extra effort.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: