VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 03:07:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from a Vector Linux newbie, from Romania!  (Read 7396 times)
Ainvar

« on: May 19, 2007, 08:43:36 am »

Hello, my name is Daniel, i am using Vector Linux for almost a year, I am using it in parallel with Windows, to make some things easier Smiley . I am 19 years old, a student, and I want to learn more about Vector Linux, so I can take the next step, that is the complete moving to linux and saying good-bye to the very expensive Windows OS. If you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.
mymarkers

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:16:37 am »

Welcome to Vector Linux. I tried it in February, and I've booted Windows twice since then. And I think one of those was an accident.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:43:59 am »

Hello Daniel!
Welcome to the forum, and to Vector!
Be careful, once you are in, you never go back!

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Ainvar

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:25:31 pm »

Thanks!:) It's not the first time i've been using linux, but i only used distros like Linspire.. Xandros... Mepis... the beginner's distros Tongue.
I really really hope I won't return to Windows, it would be a great dissapointment for me...
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:12:51 pm »

Hello, my name is Daniel, i am using Vector Linux for almost a year, I am using it in parallel with Windows, to make some things easier Smiley . I am 19 years old, a student

Wow, same here.

Welcome to the Vector Linux forum.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 03:54:59 am »

welcome,neighbour. Bulgaria here  Grin

status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/
Ainvar

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:06:45 am »

welcome,neighbour. Bulgaria here  Grin
Hello blurymind! You've got some nice concerts this year in Bulgaria! One of my fav: Placebo Cheesy . Too bad they aren't coming again in Romania Sad I wanted to come to Sofia... ONLY IF I HAD THE MONEY!! Darn! Tongue
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 06:05:56 am »

I love placebo, but i couldnt go ,because im from plovdiv and didnt have enough money.
I still watched the concert on Tv and it was awesome  Grin  it was followed by a lenghty interview.Man,I wish we still had MM (the bulgarian pop music tv station)- its a payed channel now. =(

All the good stuff come and go to sofia.How come.   Cry

Ainvar

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 11:56:50 am »

But the concert is on 18 June, i think we're talking about different concerts. I receive MM, i like it too, it's much better than MTV or other stuff... I like Iskamm, it's a great show. Too bad you ain't receiving it  Sad
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 02:29:43 am »

But the concert is on 18 June, i think we're talking about different concerts. I receive MM, i like it too, it's much better than MTV or other stuff... I like Iskamm, it's a great show. Too bad you ain't receiving it  Sad
Placebo has come to bulgaria a year or two ago and they had a concert in sofia.
You were talking about a concert that they are about to have, i was talking about what i remember from their previous concert in my country.

Anyways,i'm happy that many famous bands start to come to my country. Now that Romania and Bulgaria are in the EU, hopefully this will make our countries more open to western europe.  Tongue

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 03:31:08 pm »

The MTV you have there can't be as bad as it is here in the US. Here, it's mostly dreck except when they rerun 'Beavis and Butthead' or show bands like Amon Amarth on Headbanger's Ball.

In France, for example, MTV show videos by Jean-Michel Jarre. Imagine that!

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 05:24:56 pm »

Looks like MTV sucks in everywhere. Here in Argentina we used to see the usa channel, it was bad but ar least we could see what is happening in other places. Now there is a "Latin Edition". It is worst, the last time I checked was just a crap, with lot of silly songs.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 06:04:42 pm »

Looks like MTV sucks in everywhere. Here in Argentina we used to see the usa channel, it was bad but ar least we could see what is happening in other places. Now there is a "Latin Edition". It is worst, the last time I checked was just a crap, with lot of silly songs.

I'll take your word for that, but I totally saw Jean-Michel Jarre on French MTV. He's a great musician, and probably nearly as significant an influence in electronic music as Kraftwerk (which is saying a lot).

rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 09:49:10 am »

I'll take your word for that, but I totally saw Jean-Michel Jarre on French MTV. He's a great musician, and probably nearly as significant an influence in electronic music as Kraftwerk (which is saying a lot).

Oh, I never saw the french version, I just made an induction from two cases, how wrong is that for a logic reader?  Cheesy

--
Jumalauta!!
Ainvar

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 12:37:20 pm »

Ok... how can I contribute to vector linux? I could translate something in romanian...maybe...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: