VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL 5.8 LiveCD - where is hard drive installer?  (Read 2552 times)

nubcnubdo

• Vectorian
VL 5.8 LiveCD - where is hard drive installer?
« on: May 28, 2007, 06:11:11 pm »

The hard drive installer that has been problematic is fixed and should work well.

Thanks, devs, for the LiveCD. Where is the hard drive installer? Or have I confused the nomenclature here...is the hard drive installer an install option?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:39:40 pm by nubcnubdo »

thecdn

Re: VL 5.8 LiveCD - where is hard drive installer?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:41:42 am »

I'm at work now but if I remember correctly it is under 'system' and is called 'vlliveinstaller' or something similar. It should be an icon on the desktop to make it more obvious.

nubcnubdo

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:46:39 am »

I see it! Yes, I totally agree with you--the VL live installer should have a Desktop icon.

Vmenu > System > vlliveinstaller
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:44:57 pm by nubcnubdo »

Alf

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:59:13 am »

Okay.... I'm trying to install as well and I'm a little confused - there is no such application under any menu option or on the CD.  And after better than an hour and 50 or so passes, I can say that with absolute certainty - I'm not just missing it.  How do you install to the hard drive?  Why don't I have it?

Alf

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:36:02 pm »

Okie, I finally found it under appfinder, but it wasn't on the menus... I copied it to the desktop and ran it... been waiting for over an hour now but nothing has happened.  I see it running as a proccess, but nada.  What am I doing wrong?

Alf

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:53:40 am »

update: RESOLVED
RESOLUTION: give up... lol
Since the live Gold CD is essentially the 5.8  standard (isn't it?), I gave up and just installed the 5.8 Standard on my laptop... and I'm ROCKING AND ROLLING!  :-)
This is the only distro that's worked with my wireless card so I'm a happy alien.

gacl

• Vectorite
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:55:40 am »

Stupid question:

Is this vlliveinstall safe for flash drives? ( because of the number of writes. . . )
“Our very lives depend on the ethics of strangers, and most of us are always strangers to other people.” -- Bill Moyers